Roman came and explained what happened to me and Angelo and elaborated the confusion at his part and thus our discussion before.

Entering the kitchen, I busied myself making a small but enough chocolate cake.

If Blaire wakes up in the middle of the night looking for cake, that is.

Roman takes his leave after dinner. Angelo walks the man out.

When Angelo walks back into the kitchen, the cake is done and I am lathering it up in thick melted chocolate.

"Do I get a piece or is it all for the mental case?" He asks wrapping his arms around my waist, toying with the string of my dress robe.

"She's not a mental case, Angelo." I protest. "She's just sad and angry."

"I'm only joking." He says placing a kiss on my shoulder after pulling my sleeve down, exposing my flesh to his mouth.

After I am done with the cake, I cut a generous piece for Angelo and give it him.

Surely Blaire wouldn't mind just a little missing from her cake.

I cover the desert with a lid and place the plate in the fridge so the chocolate hardens well enough.

"Are you coming to bed?" Angelo asks resting his barely eaten chocolate cake on the counter watching me as I busy myself in cleaning up the dishes.

"Just let me finish here and I'll come to bed." I say with a smile.

"I'm hiring a cleaning lady." He says picking up his plate.

"No." I object.

"Why not?" He asks. "You're doing all the works yourself, cooking, cleaning, laundry and every other shit and you're unwell."

"It's just iron deficiency." I say with an eye roll. "Not cancer."

"I want you to rest enough." He says, his voice gentle.

"Sí? At least naps after lunch and meals in between, please." He adds.

"I am alright." I say again.

He sighs.

"I'll agree to nap." I says pushing myself closer to him. "Okay? And one snack on between."

There is only so much a girl can eat.

Sighing he shakes his head, pushing the hair back from my face.

"Let's go to bed, I'll tuck you in and I'll do the dishes." He gently offers.

"Capo Bestone, doing dishes." I tease. "Won't that hurt your lion pride?"

"Nothing to hurt my pride, if I'm doing it for you, baby."

It makes me flush as rest my head against his chest.

"You smell nice." I whisper.

"Thank you."

"Let's go to bed."

This night going to bed was different.

We didn't have sex. We just snuggled together in the middle of our huge bed.

Angelo whispered sweet nothings in my ear while his fingers softly toyed with me.

Taking his time, he played with my hair, caressed my thighs my stomach, my cheeks and slowly I felt myself dozing off in his arms.

Safe.

Without a care in the world.

Or so I thought, I had fallen asleep.