58

ARIEL POV

I had no idea how time passed in a blur and so slow at the same time. I suppose it had to do something with the thumping fear that increased on my chest. Fueling all the worst ever outcomes imaginable.

Shivering and fidgeting with the shawl that covered me had become my only work. Tears had long dried replaced with agony and fear.  Fear of whatever could happen to my little sister.

There was no call from the kidnappers again. They didn't want a ransom. Not money atleast.

They wanted me.

That's what the voice message said. For me to come alone in a warehouse just outside of Naples. At Eight.

It didn't bother me as much as Belle's safety did. How was she? Was she hurt? Was she alright? Was she fed?

Who were they? And how did they get to her at the first place?

She was so very young to suffer this way. I didn't even know if the trauma of being a hostage would ever leave her. She might be crying and wanting to go home.

My sweet sister. My sweet sweet little sister.

Mama and Papa had rushed to Naples after Angelo had explained everything to them. I couldn't get a word out because, they wanted me and so they used Belle as a pawn. Mama was frantic. Dad was worries but he kept his worries silent. Mama cried silently.

I should never have rekindled with my family. I thought. If I didn't, Belle would have been saved. She wouldn't have to go through so much pain and such a horrible situation right now.

It was all but my fault.

"Sweetheart?" Angelo occupied the seat beside me. "Darling, have a bite."

I pushed away the plate of food he offered. I couldn't even bare to swallow a morsel not knowing if Belle had eaten or not?

How can I? She was a hostage because of me. She was possibly traumatized and scarred for life. All because of me.

"Baby if you don't eat, how are you going to fight?" Angelo whispered wrapping an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "Just a bite, sweetheart."

"Please." I begged. "I can't."

"Just a bite, let me feed you." He sighed.

"Please, Angelo." I whimpered. "Please-"

"Alright." The man sighed putting the plate of toasted bread with a salad on top, on the coffee table. "Let me just hold you then, alright?"

"Yes." I chewed the corner of my mouth leaning my head against his chest. My hands fisting on his crisp white shirt.

"Belle will be alright, tadpole." Angelo sighed rubbing my arm, oh so gently. "She will be fine."

"I know."

"She's our little warrior, she'll be fine."

"Hoe long before we find out?" I asked.

"Not long. Defiantly not long. Blaire and Eli are quite the duo. They'll figure it out."