07

Ariel had two days off every week from the club and that was today

Ariel had two days off every week from the club and that was today. The first one was when she  lunch with Mama and mama Cora and Blaire.

Wednesdays and Fridays.

I steeped out of the car, parking it in the same place as last night and rose to my full height, walking inside the fairly decent apartment housing and to the third floor.

Her doormat was furry and blue with swirls of white. I used the spare key to open the door, inside it was dark.

"Tadpole?" I called. I haven't seen Bubbles since I left last night.

There was no response, my hand reached to withdraw the Mark 23 from the waist band of my slacks as I moved toward the light switch and turned it on.

Everything was in place. Dirty dinner plate was sitting in the kitchen counter.

Shit. She ate already.

I sigh as I place the food container on the counter top and make my way to her only bedroom.

I need to catch a shower. Her water takes forever to warm up.

Pushing the door open, I find Ariel's form occupying the iron headboard twin sized bed. Red linens covering her naked form. The tiny white robe on the floor.

Shaking my head, I picked her garment up and set it in the headboard, leaning down to place a kiss on her head.

She stirs.

"Angelo?" She whispers. "What-"

"Shhh." I stroke her hair. "Go back to sleep. I just brought food."

"I ate already." She replies.

"I saw." I say. "Go back to sleep, baby."

"Okay." She says. "You didn't leave your cologne, last night."

"I'll leave it tonight." I say. "I forgot."

"Sure." She mumbles turning to her side and going back to sleep.

I close the door, keeping sightly enough space to let the light from leaving room enter to the bedroom.

I enter the kitchen pulling my laptop from my over night bag that I carried hoping to get some work done before sunrise.

It was barely half past ten so I had quite some time-

I frowned.

There were two plates. One on the counter, one on the sink.

Two plates.

I grabbed a clean one from the cupboard and emptied half the contents of the food that I got from the inn.

I had the kitchens to pack me some lamb kebobs and Greek salad with bread.

Roman was mortified by my dinner order, because usually we'd have dinner in the office, drink and smoke while finishing up the late night works.