chapter 44

"Why the bloody hell haven't you been answering your texts!" He shouts.

"I don't have to answer to you! And why are you in New York!"

"I followed you, you idiot. I was worried sick, and here you are, perfectly intact. I thought something happened to you Tessa!"

"Nothing happened to me," I whisper shout. I was suddenly aware of the fact that my neighbors would not be pleased to be awoken by my shouting. I turn away from the door, pulling at my hair. I had gone away to New York to escape from all of my problems with Will only to have him follow me here.

I couldn't believe it. I don't know if I should be furious or touched.

He steps into the threshold. "Tessa why haven't you been answering me!" He swings the door shut behind him.

"Because!" I turn to him. "I am an adult. And I don't fucking have to respond to you! I told you that I would be using my vacation days!"

"I had to hear from Sophie and Jace that you were halfway across the fucking world!"

"Why do you care! You haven't cared all week," I spit out and march towards my bedroom. "Leave Will. I'm going to sleep." I slam my bedroom door shut, but Will forces it open.

"Have you gone absolutely mad?"

"I'm not the one who followed you to another continent."

"You were ignoring me all week!"

"And why do you think that was!" I scream in his face. We are inches apart. I can feel his chest heaving with rage. I am a hurricane of emotions. I don't know whether to slap him or kiss him.

"Was it because of Tatiana?"

"No shit, Will. You make me think we're something special and you go ahead and fuck another woman. Do you understand how that fucking made me feel?" The words violently undo the knot in my chest, releasing all of my pent up emotions.

"I was not fucking Tatiana, you delusional idiot! Why would I ever want to touch her when you're right in front of me!"

"Don't insult me in my own home," I say threateningly.

"You're being insane! Are you really that dense Tessa? Was it not obvious how I felt about you!"

"Get out," I tell him. "I'm not doing this again. You can't keep lying your way back in-"

"You can't think I'm lying-"

"Of course I think you're lying! All you do is lie!"

"The mere sight of you causes my heart to race. And when you're this close to me, I can't bloody think, because all I'm thinking about is you!" He grabs my hand and forces it on his heart. I feel it thump rapidly. "Is this a lie! I can't fake a damn heartbeat!"

My chest rises and falls as I look up at him. His eyes are blazing, he's absolutely livid. When his gaze travels down to my lips, I hear my breathing catch and he brings down his mouth to mine.

I immediately gasp at the sensation. My hands to come up to tug at his hair forcefully, hard enough to hurt him. He only groaned and wrapped his hand around my throat, forcing my face up so that he could explore my mouth thoroughly. He kissed me hard enough to bruise my lips, pouring all of his anger and frustration into the kiss.

"You look so sexy in my shirt."

I made a little noise at the back of my throat when the backs of my knees hit the edge of my bed. He hovers over me, pressing me into the mattress with his kisses. His mouth moves down to my throat, sucking at the base of my neck. His other hand caresses my throat, holding me in place.