chapter 22

"Good morning Tessa," Sophie chirps as I walk out of the elevator doors. I smile and walk up to her.

"Good morning to you too," I laugh softly. "How are you?"

The other girl sighs. "I'm answering emails. Mr. Herondale has so many unanswered ones."

"I think I was supposed to do those," I furrow my brow and look over at Sophie's computer.

"Yes you were," a male voice says. Will.

"I'll do those right now, Mr. Herondale," I say to him while looking down. My face flames.

"Come with me." His mouth is set in a hard line.

I swallow. Sophie casts me a sympathetic glance. I follow him to his office. It's as large as I remembered it, with its huge glass windows and seating area.

"Sit," he commands as leans back in his black desk chair.

"I'm sorry I didn't do the emails but you don't have to be a dick," I tell him after I sit.

He lets out a bark of laughter. "I have a meeting later today. You have to go with me."

"But I need to prepare for that! I need to put together a portfolio and be dressed properly-"

"You don't need to do anything Tess." He looks at me pointedly. "You look nice."

I look down self consciously and tug my skirt down. The hem rests just above my knees.

"Tess."

"Yes?" I look up.

"Learn how to take a compliment." Will raises an eyebrow. "Do you know how badly I want to fuck you over this desk?"

My breathing stutters. I cross my legs, trying to suppress the furious fluttering of the butterflies in my stomach. "That would hardly be appropriate."

I hope my voice doesn't give away how badly I want him. I clear my throat and cross my arms. "So what time is this meeting?"

Will leans back in his chair lazily. "Noon. I'll text you where to go."

I rise from my seat, and tug my skirt down again. "Is that all?"

Will nods. "You can go now."

When I took a seat back at my office, I sighed and contemplated going back to Will's office. Being bent over a desk seems awfully more fun than sorting through emails. I absentmindedly click my mouse, sorting through spam mail and emails from a multitude of important business people.

My mind goes back to last week. I replay the memory of him gripping my hips, his hand in my hair, the sounds he let out. I feel hot all over as I remembered his groan in my ear as I came around him.

The emails are long forgotten by now. I shove myself off my desk and head outside for a bottle of water, hoping it might quell the desire in my stomach.

I see Sophie typing furiously into her keyboard at the front desk. "Sophie do you know where I can get some water?"

She bends down and hands me a bottle from behind the counter. "Here."

I thank her and take a sip. The slight coldness of the drink caused me to shiver.

"What happened in Mr. Herondale's office?" Sophie asks curiously.

"He just wanted to tell me about this meeting I have to go to," I smile at her. "What're you doing?"

The other girl sighs and slumps in her chair. "I've been going back and forth with this client all morning. We're trying to get this business deal."