chapter 28

"It was fun. Thank you," I say softly.

He scoffs. "Don't lie to me Tess. You pulled a muscle in your neck at the restaurant. That's probably not fun."

"A minor muscle."

"Does it still hurt?" He turns to face me. I turn on my side too, looking into his eyes.

"I'm fine," I say.

"Are you sure?" He reaches out and touches my neck, lightly running his thumb across my skin there. The motion sends tingles throughout my body. As he circles his fingers around the pressure point on my neck, my strained muscles lose their tension. I relax into his touch.

"Turn around," he commands. I turn so that my back is to him, his body spooning mine. He inches closer to me so that my back is touching his chest. He massages my neck, exerting more force and relieving more of the pressure. I bow into his body, almost moaning at the relief.

His hand travels down to my collarbone. He lightly runs over my throat, his fingertips exploring the surface of my skin. He wraps his hand around my throat, his thumb on my jawline, pressing against my bottom lip. I readjust my body. My backside was making full contact with Will's body now. I lightly teethed on his thumb, not knowing why or what I was doing. There was an unknown impulse here, driving me to do things I wouldn't normally do.

Will's other hand came to rest on my waist. As I sucked on his thumb, his other hand came to rest on my stomach. He pulled me even closer to him. I felt him hard against my back. I sucked in a breath as he fingered the underside of my breasts through my shirt.

"Is this okay?" he asks huskily in my ear. His hot breath on my neck sent a wave of desire running to my core. I whispered a yes, and his lips connected with my neck.

He pinched my hard nipples through my shirt while he planted wet and hot kisses down the side of my neck and collarbone. I was still in a chokehold. I couldn't squirm out of his hold. When it all became too much for me and I attempted to move away so that Will couldn't kiss my neck anymore, he tightened his grip on my neck and hips and effectively turned me around while hovering over my body.

Will sucked on the front of my chest. I whimpered when his teeth enclosed around my nipples. He lifted my shirt so that he could have full access. He flicked his tongue around me. The mix of pleasure and slight pain caused the spot in between my legs to throb. I wrapped my legs around him to relieve the pressure.

"What do you want Tessa?" he asks me raspily.

"I- I want you to kiss me," I breathed.

"Kiss you here?" he placed a teasing kiss on my lips. I immediately kissed him back but he pulled away. "Or kiss you here?" He sank down, placing kisses over my breasts, my stomach and near the waist band of my underwear.

"Please," was all I said.

With his teeth, he removed my panties. I felt the shock of cold air on my exposed private areas. Will lightly ran his tongue along my clit. My reaction was immediate. I arched my back to his face, moaning for more. I felt him smirk against me. He began his assault. I tangled my hands in his hair like I'd been wanting to do since I started working for him. I tried to stay quiet as he sucked on me but I couldn't control my moans. He held my hips firmly as he ate me, keeping my legs wide open.

When I started to feel the pressure building, I tried to snap my legs shut and lift my hips out of the way. Will held down my thighs, locking me in place.

"I'm not done yet," he said with a wicked grin.

"You're a bastard," I let out. I lifted my hips to meet Will's face as I climbed towards my high. All of a sudden, stars blinded my vision as I felt that pleasurable release explode through my body. I cried out Will's name as I gripped his arm tightly.

When I had finally recovered, Will had slipped my pants back on. I fixed my shirt and turned to face Will. I studied his face as my fingers lightly teased the front of his boxers. His hand shot out to grip my wrist.

"You'd better stop that shit."

"Why?" I ask innocently.

"Because I don't think I'd be able to keep my voice down if you touched me."

"Is that so?" I gripped his hard on more tightly through his pants, palming him.

He flipped me around so that I wasn't facing him anymore. "Go to sleep Tessa."

"You're no fun," I pout.

He laughs. "Next time. When we're back in London." He presses a last, soft kiss on my neck. "Sleep."

"Goodnight Will."

"Goodnight Tess."

I fall into a deep and sated sleep with Will's arms wrapped around me.

.

Gray sunlight filters in through the window. I am alone. I sit up slowly, re-registering my surroundings. I remember.

I am in York, in a hotel room with Will. My boss. And we had kissed last night.

Did more than just kiss.

I hear the faint patter of water from the shower head dripping on the floor. The door to the bathroom opens. Will steps out of the shower, steam and the scent of his cologne trailing behind him.

"Did you have a good sleep?" he smirks at me.

"What time is it?" I rub at my eyes and squint at the light.

"It's ten o'clock. You snore, by the way. Did you know that?" Will sits down on the bed next to me. He's buttoning his shirt and fixing his collar.

"Do you just enjoy lying? First you say I drool, now I snore?" I question and get up to grab my toothbrush and clothes.

"It's true!" he laughs.

"Okay Will," I say sarcastically and head into the bathroom. It's still warm, infused with Will's scent. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower, trying not to think about last night. Heat rushes to my cheeks, and it's not because of the hot water. Images of Will shirtless, going down on me while my shirt was half off run through my head. I almost tear my hair out when I can't stop obsessing over how he must think about me now.

I wonder what Sophie would think if she found out I'd been intimate with our boss. I cringe as I get dressed and walk out.

Will seems unfazed. He's on the phone, presumably with his pilot, and pays me no attention when I walk in.

"Let's go," he says to me. I nod and deftly pack my things before I follow him out the door. One of the workers takes my things from me once I step outside the room. I thank her and comb through my hair while I follow Will to the elevators.

Once we're outside I spot a man in a black suit waiting outside a sleek black car. Will greets the man and tells me to get in.

As the driver takes us back to the lot, I contemplate breaking the silence between Will and I. Is he embarrassed and ashamed like I am? Is it awkward now? When I glance at him out of the corner of my eye, I see that he's completely normal. He's his usual aloof self.

How am I going to enter work tomorrow after what we did? My careful plans seem to have gone awry. I can't believe my hormones would mess up my career.

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I fish it out and the display glows. It's Clary saying hello. I send a quick reply back and resolve to tell her everything that happened when I got home. Some things just couldn't be put into text.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely notice the landscape morphing into a countryside. We get to the jet landing site, and like last time, I am escorted up the stairs to the lavish aircraft.

I take a seat by the window and force myself to sleep, not wanting to have to be forced to communicate with Will throughout the flight. If I thought the front clerk of the hotel winking at me was embarrassing, then this was absolutely mortifying. Somehow, it was even worse than my drunk phone call to Will all those weeks ago. I imagine myself casting my anxiety aside, seeking an escape through blissful, dreamless sleep.