chapter 33

I wake up a couple minutes before my alarm goes off but strangely, I'm not annoyed. If anything, I'm glad that this gives me a little extra time to get ready for work today.

It's strange being at home alone without Clary. It's different than being away from home, than staying overnight at a hotel and falling asleep knowing Clary isn't in the next room. This feels like something is missing from home.

When I rise from my bed I wince. The spot between my legs protested when I took large steps. It was a good type of ache though. When I flash back to last night, something deep within my belly warms.

I inspect my neck and chest in the bathroom mirror. Will had been applying pressure when he was kissing my body so I wanted to make sure there were no hickeys I needed to cover up. I didn't check the night before because I'd been too tired to check. Thankfully, there were none.

I take my morning shower and brush my teeth, vaguely wondering how Clary would react when I tell her what'd conspired between Will and I. I'd been so adamant about sleeping with Will but now I was determined to make it work. I could balance my personal and work life. I was an adult, like Clary said.

I've tried so hard to resist Will but it just hadn't worked. We were drawn to each other, my attraction to him undeniable. I think we should let things flow naturally. Find a healthy in-between. I was determined to make this work.

My thumb hovers above the call button on Clary's contact page. I decide against it, not wanting to disturb Clary and Jace on their vacation. Also, a part of me wants to keep Will and I a secret. It somehow made the thrill of it more fun. I would tell her eventually though. When she came back.

I walk to Clary's room and open the top drawer of her nightstand where she kept her emergency contraceptives. I take a box out and pop the pill in my mouth, swallowing it dry.

I put on my usual work clothes, a white blouse and black leather skirt that rests a couple inches above my knees. I unbutton the top few buttons to allow for some air and roll up my sleeves to my elbow. I brush my hair and make sure that I look presentable. I'm almost giddy to see Will today, to have him touch me again.

I made sure to pick out a matching lace underwear set. Just in case. Butterflies flutter in my stomach at the thought. I grab my things and head to work.

.

For once, I found Tatiana tolerable. I had grown used to her snide comments and upturned attitude, but this morning I felt as if nothing could faze me.

"What're you so happy for?" she says rudely.

"That's none of your concern," I slightly smile as I walk off to the elevators.

When I get off on the top floor, I say a quick hello to Sophie as I pass by. I push out all thoughts of Will when I enter my office. I am a diligent worker and I know, for the most part, how to stay focused on my work.

At around noon, Will calls me into his office. When I enter, I see him sitting at his meeting table rather than his desk.

"Take a seat," he calls out to me. I gingerly lower myself down onto a seat right next to him.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"No. No thanks to you," I mock.

"Well it's not my fault you were begging for more and more-"

"Will," I groan.

"Okay okay. I called you in here just to check up on you."

"I'm fine. You don't... regret last night do you?"