Orpheum

Eve's POV:

Take off, last stop

Countdown 'til we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart
Clocks move forward
But we don't get older, no
Kept on climbing
'Til our stars collided
And all the times we fell behind
Were just the keys to paradise
Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
Hear the noise in my head
It's calling out like a voice I can't forget
One life, no regrets
Catch up, got no time to catch my breath
And clocks move faster
'Cause it's all we're after now, oh
Won't stop climbing
'Cause this is our time, yeah
When all the days felt black and white
Those were the best shades of my life
Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
We ain't searching for tomorrow (tomorrow)
'Cause we got all we need today (today)
Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins
We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain
Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
It's now or never (now or never)

As we sang the last note, the people at the sound check erupted into cheers. Why are we doing a sound check? You may ask. Because we are playing the Orpheum! I'm so excited! And nervous... but mostly excited.

"Thank you! We're Sunset Curve!" Reggie says into the microphone as we all climb down from the stage, taking off our instruments and placing them on the stands that are against the wall.

"Too bad we wasted that on the sound check. That was the tightest we've ever played," Bobby brags.

"Wait until tonight man, when this place gets packed with record execs!" Luke says excitedly. I smile at his enthusiasm.

"Alex you were smoking!" I say as Reggie and I join the group.

"Oh, no. I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire," he says modestly as he turns to face us. I roll my eyes.

"Could you just own your awesomeness for once?" Reggie asks him and hold up on finger. Alex stands shyly for a moment before agreeing. I laugh as Luke walks over and puts his arm around me.

"Ew, you're sweaty!' I say.

"So are you," I roll my eyes "Ok, well, I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs," he suggests. Everyone agrees and we start to follow Bobby as he makes his way up to some girl. "Hey Bobby, where you going?" Luke calls out to our friend.

"I'm good." he says before looking at the girl, "Vegetarian, I could never hurt an animal." I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Is that supposed to work on girls?" I ask him. He turns to me and says it again flirtatiously. "Oh god, is it just me or is it getting hot in here?" I say, my voice laced with sarcasm.

"You guys are really good," the girl tells us, ignoring me and Bobby. We thank her. "I see a lot of bands. Been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it."

"That's what we do this for. I'm Luke by the way." We all introduce ourselves and Bobby steps in front of Luke as he says his name.

"Nice meeting you guys." Luke sticks his finger in his mouth and gives Bobby a wet willy. I hit his chest and when he looks at me, I give him a disgusted look. He ignores me and gives me a peck on the lips.

"I'm Rose," she introduces herself.

"Oh uh... here's our demo," Reggie says as he hands her our CD and a Sunset Curve T-shirt, " And a T-shirt. Size beautiful." I look at him and snicker.

Rose holds up the T-shirt and thanks us. "I'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with this one."

"Oh, good call. Whenever they get wet, they just kinda fall apart in your hands," Alex tells her while making motions with his hands.

"Don't you guys have to go get hot dogs?" Bobby asks us annoyed.

"Yeah," Luke says as I lean into the girl and tell her that he had a hamburger for lunch. As soon as we get outside, Luke exclaims, "That's what I'm talking about!" Reggie and I chuckle

"The smell of Sunset Boulevard?" Alex asks while looking around before looking at Luke.

"No" the boy says and we start walking down the street. "It's what that girl said in there tonight."

"About our music, all right? It's like an energy," I say.

"It connects us with people," Luke says before swinging an arm around me. "They can feel us when we play. I want that connection with everybody."

"Then we're gonna need more T-shirts," Reggie tells him. We all laugh and Luke and I put our hoods on while Alex looks away. Reggie gives some girls T-shirts and It takes them a little bit to realize who just gave it to them. They all start calling after us and we snicker.

"Man... I can't wait until we eat someplace where the condiments aren't served out of the back of an Oldsmobile," Alex complains while we get our hotdogs. He then walks up to the man who owns this 'Lovely restaurant' "Hey... Sorry, I got some pickle juice on your battery cables."

"No problem. It'll help with the rust," the man chuckles.

"That can't..." I trail off and walk away. We walk over to a couch and I sit on Luke's lap while he tells us how awesome it is that we are plating the Orpheum. Like we didn't already know.

"We're gonna be legends!" he says, "Eat up boys and girls, 'cause after tonight, everything changes." We bite into the hotdogs and they taste worse than normal.

"That's a new flavor," Alex says and I nod in agreement.

"Chill, man. Street dogs haven't killed us yet.

Yet