The Other Side of Hollywood

Julie and I walk up to Flynn who was stationed at the DJ booth.

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms?" the girl said into the microphone. I had finally learned how to pick up a pencil and write, so during Flynn's French class, I had helped her come up with suggestions for the band name. The first time I wrote, she got a little freaked out and spilled water everywhere, but she finally realized that it was me and helped me out. "Great! Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats." Flynn turned up the music and she walked off stage when she saw Julie.

"Julie and the Phantoms?" Julie asked.

"I had some free time in French class. So, with Eve's help, I was able to come up with an awesome name. And you'd better like it because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter." Flynn counted on her fingers as she named the various types of social media-- I learned the term from Julie-- she registered our name on.

Julie assured, "No, I love it. But I'd  love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here."

I cleared my throat to show Julie that she should tell Flynn that I'm here, but before she could respond, Flynn pointed to a spot behind Julie. I turned around to see Blaine and a boy who, by Julie's face, I assumed was Nick.

"Nick!" Julie chuckled awkwardly.

"I've gotta go to the bathroom," Blaine told his friend and he walked off. But not before motioning to me with his head that we should leave Julie and Nick alone. I bounced after Blaine and we went into the hallway.

"So," he started, "Where's Alex?"

"I don't know," I answered, "I haven't seen the boys since earlier today after Alex finished hanging out with you."

"That's weird."

"Yeah," I agreed, "I hope they get back before we have to perform."

-----------------

"Keep it funky, y'all!" Flynn yelled into the microphone. Blaine and I were dancing while we were waiting. Where could they be? I had checked the studio, the house, and Bobby's house. They were nowhere to be found. I don't know if I'm angry or worried.

I saw Julie walking around nervously backstage. "Excuse me," I said to Blaine and he went to go dance with some of his friends. I popped up in front of Julie and she jumped. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she breathed and I could tell that she was lying.

I assured, "They'll be here," but I was pretty sure that we could both tell that I wasn't very confident in that answer.

"I can only stall for so long," Julie and I looked up to see Flynn standing in front of us, "It's eleven o'clock. I think you should just play with Eve. I mean, holograms or hologram, you'll be amazing."

"You saw me the other day," Julie exclaimed, "I can't play without them. They'll be here. They have to."

"Julie she's right," I said, "As much as I wanna believe that Luke is gonna pull through for me, I think we're gonna have to do this on our own."

Julie nodded and Nick came in and I once again left the two lovebirds alone. I like Nick, and he's human, but I'm pretty sure that Reggie likes Julie, and I'm rooting for him. After Nick's pep talk, Julie walked onto the stage.

"Hey guys," she gulped. Everyone turned to her and she continued, "So, I could only get one of the Phantoms here for you guys, but you're gonna get a performance, are you ready?"