The kiss

Eve's POV:

I've been hanging out with the band a lot lately. I've become close with Reggie, Luke, and Alex. Bobby was a little cold towards me. There was something off about him. I was closest with Luke though. We would talk and hang out all of the time. He understood that I didn't want to talk about my dad because he wad run away from his home and parents. They didn't want their 17 year-old in a rock band. We were in similar situations.

Right now, I am sitting on the sand at the beach, just watching the water and thinking about Luke until said person comes to sit next to me. "How are you?" He says. When I don't reply, he puts an arm around me. I lean into him and we just sit there, not saying anything. Suddenly, he says, "You know how I ran away?" Shocked, I nod my head. He usually doesn't talk about this. Correction, he never talks about his. I found out that he ran away from Alex and Reggie. "I always regretted it." I look up at him, a tear is running down his face. It was then that I realized how close our faces are. 

His eyes flicker down to my lips and back up to my eyes. Closing the space in between our lips, he kisses me. I kiss back and for the first time in a while, I have a feeling of comfort and safety.

Sorry, this chapter is short.