Pep Talk

The girl did not seem happy. 

"The whole neighborhood could hear you. I thought I told you to leave," she said. Rude. This is our studio. Who the heck are you anyway? I thought to myself. That wasn't what Luke was thinking. 

"Wait, people can hear us play?" he asked the curly haired girl. Oh right, we're ghosts. 

"Yes! And so did my dad and my brother!" she exclaimed. 

As the boys started to get excited about the fact that people could hear them play their instruments, the girl turned around and looked at me.

"My name is Eve," I told her. She stared at me with an incredulous look. 

"Julie," she breathed out. Before I could ask her anything else, an older man walked into the garage. "Dad!"

"Hey... just making sure you're okay," he said. Oh, so sweet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had to turn off the CD player," Julie lied. Her dad then started to trash talk our instruments and Luke, Alex, and Reggie got extremely offended. Then he started to compliment our music and they quickly forgave him.

"It's just and old  CD I found," Julie says.

I scoff, "Excuse me?"

After a few more awkward encounters with Julie's dad, he finally left.

"Why can't you guys just be normal ghosts?" she asks, "Hang out at an old mansion. I heard Pasadena's nice." She stormed out after that.

"I think she's warming up to us," Alex states. I roll my eyes. 

"If that's warm I'd hate to see cold," I mutter.

"You know, I've always wanted to go to Pasadena," Reggie says, causing me to get up from the couch to smack him upside the head. I roll my eyes again and teleport-- I don't know what to call it-- to the steps that lead to Julie's house. I land in front of Julie and look around i shock.

As she screams, I say, "Wow, that was cool."

"Stop that, I'm serious!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologize quickly.

"What do you want?" she asks, clearly annoyed.

"I know this is all completely insane, but you do know how rad this is? People.. actual people can hear us play."

"Yeah, it's just I've had a really, really awful day. I gotta go," she says and starts to leave.

"Well, I'm sorry you had a bad day," I tell her turning around to face her, "but four people just found out that they had a bad 25 years, and then they found out that the one thing they lives for in the first place, they can still do. That's pretty rad."

"You're right. It's just-"

"Your bad day," I cut her off, "yeah I know. Look, I'm sorry we came into your life, but what I just felt in there, when they played, it made me feel alive again. We all felt alive again. So, you can kick us out if you want, but we're not giving up music. We can play again! That's a gift no musician would ever turn down." I sigh, "You gotta know that. Clearly your mom is into music."

"Was," is all Julie says and I know exactly what she was talking about and the look on my face softened. "She passed away."

"I am... so sorry," I say, feeling bad that I brought it up.

"Yeah, we didn't know," Alex says appearing by my side with the other boys. Luke grabs my hand.

Julie sighs and says, "It's all right. You guys haven't seen her anywhere. Have you? From wherever your from."

"No. No, I mean, you're kinda the first person we've seen," Alex tells her and she looks down, disappointed.

"Yeah, but she's not dead so it doesn't really answer her question," Reggie says and I smack the back of his head again.

"Yeah, I think she knows what we mean," Alex says before turning back to Julie, "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks," she says, "Sorry I got mad. You guys are kinda good."

"Kinda?" Luke asks, offended, "You know that's like 25 years of rust just getting dusted off."

"Yeah, do you play the piano to?" I ask her hopefully. She denies it but I can see she has the spirit of an artist.

After telling us that we can stay, she leaves and the boys run off somewhere, but I decide it's probably best for me to turn in for the night, considering my head still hurts. Before I do though, I have to take my shot at singing. I grab my guitar and start playing.

(Imagine she is just playing the acoustics, but is like dreaming of performing when the beat picks up.)

Little did I know that one Julie Molina was listening to me play.

A/N

SO that's it. Sorry I haven't posted in a while.