Flying solo

I have to admit, I got a little jealous while Luke and Julie were singing, but that feeling didn't last long because I looked over at Reggie only to see him looking at the two with a frown. He must have felt my gaze on him because he looked over his shoulder at me and I wiggled my eyebrows at him. He stuck his tongue out and continued playing.

When the song finished, the crowd erupted into cheers and that was when I remembered that people could actually see us and I smiled. We all bowed and then the boys and I disappeared. We reappeared on the side of the stage.

"That's wild," Luke starts, "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double check," Reggie says as he walks up the stairs and does this weird, twerking dance move. "Yeah I don't- I don't think they can see us."

"I wish I couldn't see you," both Alex and I mutter in sync. Some lady tells everyone to get off the stage and the crowd starts to clear. Two of the dancing highlighters were arguing and Reggie went up to the girl in the purple outfit and introduces himself before asking for her number.

Once they leave, I walk up to him. "If you want Julie to like you, one, never do that dance again, and two, don't flirt with other girls." I pat him on the back and leave him flustered.

Sooner or later, Reggie catches up and the boys form this sort of pyramid to surprise Julie. I really didn't want to be there when she yelled at them so I just left through the door at the end of the hall. Through... it's weird being a ghost.

We all -minus Julie- meet up in the garage and Alex started pacing again. I was trying to take a nap, but Alex freaking out was making it kind of hard to do that.

"I think he's practicing his model strut," Reggie says and smiles when I quietly laugh.

"He's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous."

"It's too late for me," I say.

As Alex rambles on, we try to calm him down. Then, Reggie suggest that we invite Julie to join Sunset Curve. He and Luke stand up, knocking me off the couch because my head was resting on my boyfriend's lap. I eye Reggie and raise my eyebrows at him while standing up. He elbows me in the ribs and I snicker quietly.

"Yeah I mean. Like, think about it. With a new lead singer, this band would be legendary." Uh Oh someone in trouble.

"Hey! I'm our lead singer," Luke says.

"Dude, that girl has the voice of an angel." This time, it was my turn to elbow him in the ribs. "Not that you don't, but she can make us visible."

"Yeah, without her we're just like elevator music," I point out. Alex starts freking out again and he leaves.

--------

I left a little while ago because I needed to clear my head. I went to the place that brought me comfort. The ocean. I took a seat on the sand and tried to pick up a rock. After a few tries, I finally picked it up and threw into the water. I kept doing this without really thinking about anything. It's my form of meditation. Sooner or later, I fell asleep.

I woke up with sand in my hair and realized that the boys would probably be worried. I was  wrong. I popped into the studio and Luke immediately handed me some sheet music.

"Practice that."

"Nice to see you too."

After 20 minutes of practicing, Julie invited her friend into the garage, talks to her a little bit, and then starts playing.

(She goes by the couch and jumps at Flynn instead of Luke.)

"You still want to talk to my dad?" Julie asks.

"Nah, I'm good."