Being Friends Leads to Making Out!?

Where is he? Mikado said he would be here somewhere.

I thought as I was pacing through the street where Russia Sushi was. I looked and searched everywhere but I couldn't find him.

After a few hours, I gave up. I collapsed on to a bench, panting like crazy due to extreme heat.

Of all days, it had to be really sunny today. Where was he?

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I'd probably never see him again.

Finally, a mop of blonde hair emerged from the crowd.

It was fate.

A sign that said it was now or never.

He was walking towards me while talking to someone else.

"I told you Tom, I'm not going to the strip-"Umm, Shizuo-san?" I meekly interrupted him as he looked to see who spoke.

He first looked surprised; angry; regretful and finally, curious.

Tension rose between us again.

One word to describe the situation.
Awkward.

"Ahem." The silence broke between and we turned only to a guy with dreadlocks, eyeing both of us and the space between us.

I looked to the side and stepped away, realizing me and Blondie were too close. Again.

"I'm off and you are free for the rest of the day Shizuo, enjoy the rest of the day." he said as he waved us off.

"What do you want?" he asked brashly, not quite meeting my eye.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. It was rude and bitchy of me to call you monster and judge you before I actually knew you. I just acted on impulse and not actually listened to you. I felt sooooo bad afterwards and-"

"Ryuugamine?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up and get straight to the point."

"Oh, um... well... I-I I'm... Sorry." I whispered as I looked down in shame.

Not only do I hurt him, I also make a fool out of myself.

"It's fine."

I was taken back. Surely, he couldn't be a monster if he was that accepting.

"Really? Can we start over? As friends?" I asked as I brought my hand in front of him.

He stared at my hand for a while.

Oh god, does he not want to be my friend? This would be so embarrassing if he doesn't shake it.

My mind was racing with these thoughts.

A numbing sensation shot up my arm as he shook my hand after much contemplation.

His hand was smooth and warm. It felt good.

Really good. Snap out of it, Kaya... What is wrong with you girl?

However, it was short-lived because three's a crowd.

"Aww, what a touching scene. The beauty finally befriends the beast." Spoke a man in an over-sized fur jacket.

Somehow, he looked familiar.

Shizuo's vein popped up and he started to boil as his fists clenched. "Izaya... Why. Are. You. Here?" his voice went dangerously low.

A uneasy feeling crept up inside me.

Instinctively, I put myself in the middle of the distance between them.

"Shizuo. No. Remember the whole 'you hate violence' speech... Now would be a really good time to remember that."

"Some people are worth the violence like THIS GODDAMN FLEA HERE!" he started walking towards me and the black jacket man who also walked towards me.

Then, there was me, arms and legs spread out; trying to stop a war zone.

"IIIIZZZAAAYYAAA, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME TO-Mmmph!"

What. Just. Happened? One minute, they were fighting and the next they're...KISSING?

"GET OFF ME YOU FOOL!" Shizuo screamed as he slammed a punch at Izaya's face.

He landed on the ground and got up again.

"Well, that was unexpected. Thank you madam, for tripping me up. I certainly cannot escape but I can kiss you, Shizu-chan." Izaya cooed as he ran away.

I looked at the flustered bartender recovering, in shocked embarrassment.

I accidentally made them... Kiss?!

"That escalated quickly." I said hoarsely, trying to make the incident any less awkward.

"Goddamn, that clumsy imbecile. Tripping over everything. He tastes like cocoa butter. I hate cocoa butter." he groaned as he wiped his lips.

Suddenly, I burst out laughing. He was not happy, in fact he looked furious.

"I don't why you're laughing! It's your goddamn fault! The flea got away as well because you intervened!"

"What? Come on, it was funny! He tripped over my foot and he did not headbutt you but lip smashed into you! So technically, it was his fault." I laughed, wheezing as I held my stomach.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. It's so funny. Laugh all you want. Some friend you are."

Sarcasm dripped from every word he spoke.

"Aha, I'm sorry but literally, you should've seen your face." I said while wiping the tear from my eye.

Clearly, he was not impressed.

"Cheer up! It's not the end of the world. Come on, let's go grab lunch together. My treat to make up for this incident." I said, looping my arm around his and dragging him along.

Maybe, this whole friendship thing could work out in the end. Who knows?

----------------------------------------------

A/N

Here happened a lil' Shizaya moment happened. I don't ship them but the sexual tension between them is undeniable.

See you in the next update~~~

Read. Vote. Comment.