Smack That Bitch

Dedicated to @eggplony for her suggestion.

Mikado and I went home for the holidays.

It was really great seeing my parents after being apart for so long. The country air was so fresh and soothing unlike the city air that sometimes, choked you.

The holiday really helped me move on from the break up and forget about my current problems.

I knew I had to face them sooner or later.

The poison dealing was getting less by the day ever since Shizuo found the suppliers, according to Shinra; he also told me that there had been less casualties .

Opposing gangs still managed to get their grubby hands on black poison.

It was simple: find the source.

Mikado didn't know anything yet about it but it was a big thing in the Dollars website that got all the members talking about who could be doing it.

Nearly all of them were killed off by the deadly poison that Shizuo uncovered.

Speaking of Shizuo, I needed to talk to him. I let my prejudice get the better of me.

Again.

He wasn't the type to start a fight. I should've known the people provoked him first.

(After a month of holidays)

God, you're such an idiot. He might not want to get back with me. With those good looks, girls will be after him-

"Kaya, we are here now." Mikado exclaimed as we arrived back in Ikebukuro.

We got off the train and made our way to busy streets. Mikado left me alone after a while since he had plans with his friends.

So I was on my own. In the middle of the street- where I knew no one.

I really don't like walking on my own ever since that night. I was really scared that someone was going to  end up sending me or Mikado to hospital.

I hated that feeling of helplessness. But I had man up and (in the words of Shia LaBeouf) just do it.

I didn't go home. It didn't feel right for some reason. So here I was, alone in park with some serious déjà vu going on since someone came up to me.

This time, it wasn't Shizuo.

It was Izaya.

Great, I bet he is going to rub it in my face that he knew it wouldn't work out and that-

"Someone is in deep thought." He called out.

"Second person to break my constant overthinking." I shot back.

"Why am I second always? First was telling you that you look cute in glasses.  Why aren't you wearing your cute glasses anyway? Besides that is not point and now breaking your thoughts huh? Tell which punk got to you before me?" He rambled on, it was funny seeing him acting annoyed.

It made him seem human.

"Mikado and..." I stopped as my gaze drooped.

It was saying his name yet, considering it felt like my heart was stuck in my throat every time I was to mention him.

"Oh that asshole? Shall I stir up some trouble for him? Get a few henchmen after him?" He asked me, very seriously as well.

I burst out laughing, sorrowfully. Izaya just looked plain confused at my mood.