Adding Fuel to Fire

Finally, the day had come.

My day off work and it was peaceful so far.

No shifts, no half-bleeding limbs and NO whinging customers.

I was currently lying down in the park and reading. It felt ages since I had time to sit down and read since I came here. It certainly felt blissful but somehow I couldn't help but feel cautious. I've been feeling like this ever since the rock incident a few days ago. Who threw it? Did someone actually follow me? It is all my imagination and my graze was self-inflicted? Questions raced through my mind.

Suddenly, someone came and plopped onto the floor beside me.

"The model's girlfriend killed them." the voice stated.

Closing the book, I turned to face the bastard that ruined the book. Of course, it would be...
Izaya.

"Wow, thanks a bunch. You just saved me from reading the remaining 232 pages. You are such a good friend." I said with each word dripping in sarcasm.
I got up and put the book back in my bag.

"No problem, after all it is my job to save you. As your most fabulous friend, did anyone ever say you look cute in glasses?" he answered back.

"As a matter of fact, yes... By the way, as much of I appreciate your helpfulness, I don't need saving."

I looked around the field until I spotted Mikado and Anrii together. They were on their date. They were by the fountain. He was twirling her around, dancing with her; she was laughing and going along with his left-feet dancing. They looked so... Happy...

"The look of delight on their faces is almost sickening." Izaya cringed when he set his gaze in them.

"I think it's cute. I'm happy for them " I countered.

"Then why are you so sad?" he asked while staring directly into my eyes.

I froze when he asked that; I tried to speak but no words came out. I pondered at his question but no use. Is it true? Why am I? Am I subconsciously sad? However, I just smiled and shook my head, saying I wasn't.

"You may look happy but your eyes say the complete opposite. They reflect the sadness and who knows why? Huh, humans are so interesting." he sighed at the end, waiting for my reaction. Oh no, he has that menacing look

"Don't ruin this for him. Ruin my life but don't you dare ruin this moment or in fact, his life." I demanded, glaring at him. I knew the expression he had on, too well.

"And why would I do that?" he said, feigning innocence.

"Because you are an annoying, damn flea that doesn't take a hint and always intrudes into people's private affairs." declared someone from behind.

It was Shizuo. And he did NOT look pleased. Oh boy, this was not gonna end well.

"Aww Shizu-chan, you know me soo well." Izaya cooed, adding more fuel to the never-ending fire that was Shizuo's temper.

"Shut up, you coward. Why are you talking to him?" he questioned, turning to me.

"Because she loves me more than you and that fact she prefers my companion-" I put my hand over his mouth.

"What is wrong with you Izaya? Are you trying to make even more pissed than he is? And Shizuo, I can talk to whoever I want. You are not the boss of me and Izaya isn't that bad-EWW!"

Izaya licked my hand.

I take that last sentence back." I moaned as I wiped hand on Izaya's coat.

BAM! went Izaya onto the ground as he just got kicked by Shizuo

"FOR ONCE, YOU IDIOT! CAN YOU NOT BE A RETARDED ASSHOLE!" Shizuo bellowed as he stomped further to Izaya.

Like the peacemaker I am, I stepped in front of Shizuo's path and placed my hands on his chest. Damn, his chest is well built and hard. Shut up, brain! He stopped and set his gaze on my hands.

Somehow, this scene was getting too familiar.

"My, did Shizuo Heiwajima just stop because of a girl? A very cute girl in fact?" Izaya striked as he got up the ground.

"Just when I thought we were becoming friends, Izaya." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

He just winked in response.

Shizuo started growling unaturally as his hands started to clench. Putting me to one side He walked straight to the nearest lamppost; broke it; threw at Izaya; Izaya ran and Shizuo followed.

Repeat process again, and again.

"I'm so done with their shit right now. I might as well intervene between them and make them accidently kiss each other." I mumbled to myself. Both of them are never gonna learn.

I picked up my bag and left the quarreling couple.

After I had gotten food, I started to walk home. It was getting really dark. Somehow, I didn't feel like walking home quickly before the night came but that didn't stop the unnerving, sickly feeling i kept having in the pit of my stomch.

Either it was fear or the fact I may have eaten a bit too many profiteroles. You can never have too many profiteroles.

Moments later, I heard footsteps behind me... I ran with the footsteps quickening it's pace as well.

Shitballs, where do I go? I can't exactly go home now.

I crept into an narrow alley and held my breath when the shadow went past me. After a few moments, I decided to come out, thinking creepy shadow dude was gone.

Oh, I was so wrong.

Something hard connected with the back of my head, causing me to stumble forward like I was drunk.

I put my hand to the sore spot and felt warm liquid coming onto my hand.

"It's blood... Huh..." I mumbled before slipping into unconciousness.