Poisoned

SMACK!

My face planted against the car window.

"You and your lousy driving skills Shinra. Remind me to never let you drive. Again." I exhaled my words out in relief.

"My driving skills are little rusty, okay? I tend to walk but today is kind of an emergency." Shinra remarked as he got out of the car and ran into the building.

I ran after him. What was the big emergency?

I had never seen him lose his calm demeanour.

"Hey Shinra! What..." My voice trailed away as I saw the sight in front of me.

"Happened?" I frowned, taking in the surroundings.

It seemed there was a mass gang fight happening before we arrived as there were bodies scattered everywhere- some injured, some dead and lots of paramedics.

"Kaya, start bandaging the less wounded ones." Shinra ordered as he started tending to more serious victims.

He didn't have to say it twice.

I started do his orders. While bandaging, I thought about what may have happened here.

What could have caused so much violence here?

A violent cough interrupted my thoughts.

I turned to see a a young boy- about Mikado's age- crouching in the corner, clutching his stomach with blood seeping out.

I tied up the current bandage messily and raced to boy who was getting closer to death by the minute.

"Hang in there." I said to him, as I sat him upright.

"It's... It's no use... There is no cure." He choked on his words as struggled to speak.

I ripped open his shirt, revealing my worst nightmare.

"No..." I whispered as I glanced the wound. Black liquid seeped in his veins around the slash near his pelvis. Blood was spurted out at an uncontrollable speed.

Knife was poisoned- poison was strong enough for the body to start attacking itself. The only poison where there is no hope for the victim.

"SHINRA!" I screamed to get his attention but the boy grabbed on to my arm.

"Listen to me, you need to stop her. She's supplying it to the Dollars-"

"The Dollars? Why them?" I interrupted him, worried for my brother's safety.

"Why not.. Stop the endless greed. I did a terrible mistake joining her, I won't have to feel this misery anymore. Let me die peacefully." He muttered as he released his grip and closed his eyes.

"No! Don't you dare give up on me!" I shouted at him, applying pressure to the wound.

"Kaya, it's no use. You're causing him more pain if you do that." Shinra exclaimed as he tried to get hold of my arms.

"Get off me! He can't die! I will not have someone innocent die under my hands." I bellowed.

Suddenly, he breathed his last. How could he look so peaceful though, when dying?

"NO! WAKE UP! PLEASE TELL ME
THIS A JOKE! SHINRA, WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING! SAVE HIM!" I started wailing and cursing at Shinra, while hitting him.

Shinra clasped me into a hug. I struggled but he wouldn't let go.

"Kaya, he's dead. Let it go," Shinra kept repeating the same phrase as he stopped my flailing arms.

Eventually, I gave up, letting the overflowing tears run down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry but there wasn't anything we could do. Don't blame this on yourself-it's not your fault." Shinra whispered to me as he gazed at the paramedics take away the lifeless corpse.

I was silent on the way home. Back at the apartment, while I was in the shower, Shinra explained the situation to Mikado.

Mikado tried his best to cheer me up and comfort me but I told him to leave me alone and worry about himself.

I couldn't sleep. I kept seeing the boy dying because of me, every time I closed my eyes; my hands covered in his blood.

I kept tossing and turning in bed. After a while it got too hot and stuffy in my room so I decided to go for a walk.

I grabbed my hoodie and went out quietly so I wouldn't wake Mikado up.

I roamed the city. I was bit surprised that it was still busy as always in the city until I got to the park. It was isolated and tranquility was at its best.

I sat down on the bench near the fountain and cried the tears and emotions I had kept in for a long time.

Ever since I came here, there has been nothing but trouble.

At first, it was exciting, always expecting the unexpected. However, these few weeks having taking its toll on me.
Soon, I began hating not knowing the unknown and been feeling really low ever since the mysterious incident I was involved in.

Maybe Ikebukuro isn't for me.

I have a great brother who I don't appreciate enough. I met some great people who are helping me through- Shinra, Celty, Izaya(okay, that's maybe a stretch) and Shizuo.

But it isn't enough.

My heart wrenched at the thought of not seeing him.

I wonder,if I do leave, if I ever tell him that I really like him.

I heard faint footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and saw a figure through blurry eyes.

"Kaya, is that you?"

----------------------------------------------
Hello readers! Author-chan here.

Sorry about the slow updates as I have been busy in having a life and exams are coming up so that's why.

Hope you're enjoying the story so far? I just don't even know what I write and hope it all makes sense in the end.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Anyways, read, vote and comment.
See you into the next update ~