Food before Dudes

The white ceilings were the first thing I saw.

Am I dead? Is this the afterlife like in the film, This is the End? Are Backstreet boys gonna perform?

Unfortunately not.

Mikado was sleeping in the chair next to my bed so no. He just ruins everything.

With a loud bang, of me throwing the spare IV fluid bag at his face, he jolted up with a frighened look on his face.

Too priceless to not laugh.

"BWHAHA!!" I bursted into laughter.

"Ah, stop! Even when you are concussed, you will find the opportunity to bully me." Mikado whined while cupping his nose.

"You make it easy for me; standing all vulnerable. It's no surprise so many gangs are against the you."

"They don't know that I'm the leader. Anyway, I'm not the problem here. You are, what did you do to yourself?"

"Ummm, last thing I remembered was metal pipe of pain crushes my skull."

"Thank god Shizuo found you. The doctor said if you were there for another half hour after he got you to hospital, you would have bled to death."

"Wow, nice thought- Wait, Shizuo found me?"

"Yeah... So?"

"No reason." I said, seeming to get stuck in a daze.

He came after me? Was he worried?

A sudden flutter in my heart occured.

What could this mean? Is it because I'm hungry?

"Nee-chan... Do you remember anything or anyone on that night?" Mikado inquired.

"No not really.... Wait! I think I..."

"What is it? Do you remember who?

"It's just that I'm really..."

"What? Spit it out!" He urged, looking so eager to find out.

"It's just that... I'm really hungry." I remarked as I saw his face deflate.

I started to laugh hysterically as he walked out to go get me food, while (what I think it was) cursing silenty.

Oh, that boy makes it so easy. I'm a terrible sister.

I didn't notice a certain someone walking in as Mikado walked out until my head panged in pain.

I winced.

"Karma's a bitch huh?" A familiar voice stated.

I looked up to the very person who always made me flustered standing right next to me.

Crap, I look a mess as well! Wait, when did I care how I looked especially in front of him? Good God, I'm having an internal dilemma now? Now of all times? OMG Brain! Just shut up!

"Snap out of it!" Shizuo called as he snapped his slender fingers in front of my face as I was having this dilemma.

"HOT PIECE OF MEAT!!!" I blurted.

"Excuse me?" He looked shocked about my declaration.

"Oh, Shizuo, it's you.... Wait! I wasn't calling you that- I meant that I want to eat a hot pi- God that sounds even worse- GAHH!! When is my good- for- nothing brother coming with my food?" I groaned letting my hair fall in front of my flushed face.

Shizuo simply chuckled and shook his head. "You really are something aren't you?"

"Laugh all you want... Just let me die in a hole alone." I mumbled to him.

"That's what you get for bullying your brother. You should look after him you know."

"And you would know that because..?"

"I have a brother, you know, I wasn't exactly Bro #1 to him but we have an good relationship. "

"Oh..." I simply said.

I looked at his face as he pondered deeply. He had small smile like he was reminding himself of a good memory.

I decided to change the subject and moved to a different topic amd we just talked about the most random things.

It felt good. We didn't have many of these moments.

Then, of all times, my stomach decided to start rumbling.

"Let me guess, your stomach is craving hot pieces of meat?" He inquired with a slightly amused look on his face.

"Can we NOT talk about that incident." I countered with a slight exaggeration.

"Aha, okay then. But I admit you look kinda hot when you are all flustered instead of this cool, collected persona that you always have."

I snorted while looking taken aback with his word.

Not exactly the most attractive thing to do in front of him. Playing it real cool, Kaya. Like can you not right now, Brain?

The atmosphere went silent all of a sudden. Again. For the third time. It was just me and him gazing at each other intently.

Either that or it was a staring contest.

"Kaya." Shizuo said as he started to lean towards my face.

"Huh?" My heart was thumping hard against my chest.

Hard.

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Looking like that. It makes me... do...crazy... things."

With each word, we got closer and closer. Both our gazes went to the mouth region. Our lips were millimetres apart.

So...close...

"Kaya-chan! I brought your-whoa!" Mikado chirped as he skipped into the room with a box.

At lightening speed, Shizuo pulled away and I closed my eyes in disappointment.

I am going to murder that boy in his sleep.

"Well, I should get going now. Get better soon, Kaya." Shizuo announced a and walked as fast as his long legs could carry him.

Mikado tossed me the box and I caught it with one hand, shooting daggers at him.

"Did I interuppt an intimate moment between the two of you?" He asked.

"I'm so sorry nee-chan, if I knew you liked hi-"

"I hate you so much right now" I whispered to him. " So much hatred is running through my veins that I will gut you and strangle you with your own intestines. "

His eyes shook in fear and humour.

I opened the box and a glorious aroma filled the room. I sighed in wonder. My mouth was drooling a lot once I bit into the meatiness of the roast lamb.

"I take it back. I will not strangle since I wouldn't be eating this if you didn't interrupt us... Mmmm, it's so juicy." I said as I savoured the meal.

Sorry Brain but food before dudes. Looks like I win this round.

BRAIN 0
KAYA 1.