Epilogue

(3 months later...)

It's been nearly 2 years since I came to Ikebukuro. What an emotional roller-coaster it has been. I've seen some best and sadly, some of the worst moments here. I know I've definitely changed, maybe for the good, maybe for the bad but I know I've grown stronger.

The poison was finally disposed away and that was the end of the crisis. Gang wars have quietened down and everything was in order. Well, at least for that past three months.  Mikado was about to graduate and would be off to university soon. As soon as I healed, it was time for me to step back into work and Shinra was quite pleased to have that extra helping hand. Izaya disappeared into thin air after the incident and I had not heard from him since. All that matters is that I know that I would forever be grateful since he did kind of save my life. 

God knows what that idiot would want me to do as a favour...

Then, there was Shizuo. He helped me a lot during my time here and cared a lot for me post-incident. However, neither of us knew about where we stood in this complicated relationship of ours. That is what leaves me thinking, in the pouring rain.

Raindrops splashed onto my skin. Closing my eyes, I allowed the refreshing feeling soak through my clothes and calm my mind that was scattered like broken pieces of glass. It still wasn't enough to shake off that same, unnerving thought that bugged me?

Do I love Shizuo Heiwajima?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd Person POV)

Shizuo was frowning as he spotted the torrential rain pelleting outside his bedroom window as he realised how much colder this night would be.

"Curse Mother Nature and her mood swings. Almost as crazy as the flea- ridden bastard." He sighed as he left the room, trying to find an extra quilt that laid somewhere in his flat.

Ring! The doorbell rang. He wondered who was at his door, especially at this time of night and this type of weather. Grabbing the now-found quilt, he headed towards the door.

Shizuo found himself staring into two pools of dark chocolate eyes as he opened the door, with Kaya drenched from head to toe; her wet clothes clung onto her body like glue.

"Kaya? What are you doing here?" It was more of a statement of surprise rather than a question. Kaya managed a shrug before shivering violently.

Shizuo ushered her in, wrapping the quilt around her, demanding an explanation for why was she trying to kill herself in this weather.

Kaya was slightly amused with his motherly side as she was plopped down onto the sofa, him rushing into the kitchen and returning with a hot drink, pressing the warm cup against her lips, urging her to drink until she did.

"Thanks." Kaya said after one sip.

"Here, this is the smallest size I have since they are old but they'll do." He simply said, walking away and then coming back with a pair of pajamas.

"Thanks, Mum" She sarcastically remarked, accepting the soft materials while gaining a laugh from blonde man, a sweet laugh that made her smile slightly.

"So what brings Kaya Ryugamine to this side of the city? Did miss me immensely or what?" Shizuo teased, earning another smile from the brunette that captivated him from the moment she entered.

"Something along that line..." She mumbled, turning her gaze towards the floor.

After gaining some courage, she looked at him, examining his every feature. His messy hair, the warm eyes that were filled with slight hope, that handsome face. All of this she noticed as he broke out into a hearty laugh that started low and broke out into high, rare laughter.

"Shizuo?"

"Hmm?"

"I think I've fallen in love with you..."

I think I've fallen in love with you... the words fluttered around his head like butterflies and he found himself unsure... having them come from the mouth of the last person he'd expect them from... Shizuo found himself staring intently at Kaya, trying to comprehend of what the hell just happened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shock you, it's just after everything we have been through and you declaring this before me, it made me realize that i keep thinking of you- " Kaya rambled on until she was abruptly stopped before she faced more embarrassment, lowering her face so her damp hair covered her flushed  look.

"Kaya..." Shizuo gently lifted her face, leaning in slightly, ready to kiss her inviting lips when Kaya pulled away.

"Yeah?" She answered, biting her lip, awaiting his sentence.

"You're getting my quilt wet..."

The two stared at each other and chuckled, Shizuo mentally slapping himself for ruining the moment and Kaya just finding his childish habit quite adorable.

"I'm sorry but I've waited nearly a year for this..." He smiled and leaned in, cupping her face, kissing her lightly. A soft brush of skin against skin caused Kaya to shiver as his tongue darted to lick her bottom lip. She moaned slightly, allowing Shizuo to slip his tongue in and explore her mouth. Both of their bodies tensed; a thousand little sensations coming alive in one sweet kiss.

He reluctantly pulled away, sighing in contentment as he moved closer to the wet yet warm body beside him.

"Kaya... one more thing?"

"Yes?"

"Will you stay? I mean... forever?"

"If that makes you happy..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Well that's it. I have finally finished Somewhat the Same. The title finally comes alive in this chapter as it is the point where they fully understand each other's feelings. I finished the chapter off in 3rd person as it felt most suitable to explore what both felt.

I feel quite relieved yet sad since it's finished. I feel quite satisfied with the ending there. Please comment your thoughts as I love to read your thoughts and feelings.

I've currently started a Diabolik Lovers story so feel free to check that out as well.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading this story and hope y'all enjoyed it. ;D