Officially Exclusive at Dawn

"Kaya, is that you?"

I didn't need to see to know whose voice that belonged to.

"Oh, it's you." My voice crackled up as I was wiping the tears that were streaming down my face.

I looked up to see a very startled Shizuo.

"Kaya, are you crying?" He asked.

"No, my eyes are just on its period and instead of blood, it leaks water." I sarcastically answered back.

He let out a low whistle as he sat down beside me.

"Is it because of the incident that happened before? You do realise it's not fault, you can't just load all this unnecessary guilt onto yourself." He said as he linked my hand with his and started rubbing circles,with his thumbs, on my palm.

I stayed silent, thinking about what he said, thinking about my previous thoughts, thinking about if we were together, would he still link my hand with his?

All these came rushing at once, making my head spin which caused me to burst into even more tears.

"Kaya, don't cry... Seriously, please stop. You're making me uncomfortable." Shizuo whispered.

"Me? Making you uncomfortable?" I wailed as I stood up and shook my hand from his.

"I have been uncomfortable since the day I arrived. It's a big change from a small town to a restless city. I stick out from the crowd like a sore thumb because I can't keep up with all this gang crime business, especially since my brother is now involved. Something is brewing in between Mikado's gang and I'm scared for him, Shizuo. I just want someone to understand me but I get treated like I should've known what I'm putting myself into!" My voice became hoarse from the shouting and trailed away as I cried.

Shizuo stood up and walked towards me. He removed the hair, that had been stuck on my face due my tears, and tucked it behind me ears.

He tilted my face upwards as he leaned in to...

Kiss me!?

His soft, warm lips moulded into mine as his arms grabbed my waist, slowly pulling me towards him.

Instinct took over as I kissed him back and my arms around his neck, my hands running through his soft hair.

It wasn't like those kiss where fireworks exploded and violins started playing but those kind of kisses that made your toes curl and make the leg pop up like in Princess Diaries.

Passionate but sweet and soft.

We broke apart and he just held me in his arms for a while.

It felt nice to be in his arms and just to let all my worries disappear momentarily.

"How do we end up like this?" I whispered to him with my face buried in his shirt.

"Shh, just enjoy it. It's not everyday that I let you in my arms." He stated as he placed his chin on top of my head.

"For how long, did you know?"

"Since the laxative incident AND the fact Celty has been telling me to ask you out."

"Oh, she really wants us together?"

"Yeah, I guess. Listen Kaya, I'm sorry. You have been through a lot these past days. I'm gonna promise to never make you feel distressed. I'll protect you and keep your brother safe but, you need to promise me to not worry about trivial thins." He murmured in my ear, making me feel safe.

"I promise." I mumbled. I closed my eyes while letting out a sigh.

"By the way, I prefer your radiating smile than your angry frown. It's really scary, no wonder Mikado can't stick up for himself and people after him." He said.

"Shut up, idiot. Don't ruin the fucking moment otherwise I will start crying." I said playfully as I hit him lightly.

He chuckled softly and placed a light kiss on my forehead.

"So, do we tell them?" I questioned as I watched the sunrise over his broad shoulder.

"Nah, we'll let them figure it out on their own."

---------------------------------------
Sorry. Too be busy having a life and not failing my exams.
Dead tired. Cannot be bothered to proof read. It's midnight.

Enjoy!

Read. Vote. Comment.