Regret

Ever since the date, I avoided Shizuo. It wasn't because I didn't want to see him, it was more due to that it would embarrassing to face him.

After all, I did shut the door in his face when he told me he loved me.

"So remind me, why did you slam the door in his face?" Shinra asked, looking puzzled.

"I don't know, I panicked. I mean, he just said he loved me so abruptly and I guess I didn't expect it." I scowled at him.

"So you don't love him?" He inquisitively said.

"Oh my God, what is up with you? Why the sudden interrogation? I don't know yet? It's still baby steps in this relationship." I moaned.

"For god's sake Kaya, you've know him for nearly a year. I say it's pretty clear now to know whether you love him or not." Shinra argued back.

"You know, you are really starting to piss me off. It's none of your goddamn busi-"CRASH!!

We heard an object being slammed into something... Or someone.

We ran out of the building to check what was happening. We saw a few people on floor, wounded. Few running away.

I turned to see Shizuo with rage in his eyes, grabbing the next lamp post.

"SHIZUO!! STOP!" I screamed at him, running to him. "WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU?!"

" Kaya, I'm gonna need you to step away. Now. " he seethed at me.

I was shocked at his response, still refusing to move a muscle.

"What happened to you? I thought you hated this? Why are you encouraging yourself?" I cried out, trying to reach out to him.

He swatted my reaching hand away and threw the post into the distance.

"That was not necessary." I muttered, looking at him in despair.

"You know what? I've had it with you trying to tell me who I should be. I told you from day one that this all a part of me. You can't change a monster like me into that perfect man you want me to be. Either, you accept me or we are... Done, Kaya ." He shouted at me, grasping tightly onto my shoulders.

"You hurting me, Shizuo." I cried out.

He let go, slowly coming to his senses. I rubbed my shoulders.

"If this is how you are going to be. Then, we are through. We. Are. Done." I choked out, tears running down my face.

His face dropped into grief and sadness for a second but, put up a stoic face as he walked away from me.

Simultaneously, my heart dropped and it was like a thousand arrows had entered through me.

It felt sudden and almost regretful. It suddenly went cold and tears were brimming in my eyes.

I stared until he was gone from me, reminiscing our memories together.

I had to admit that he treated me well- heck no, better than well. He treated me like I was the only girl in the world. He was always there for me and he... loved me.

I take it all back, Shizuo. Come back, please. I was being stupid. I want you back. Please.

"Kaya!" Shinra called out to me.
I ran towards him.

"Kaya, what happened? Are you okay?" He asked, worriedly looking over me.

"It's over, Shinra. We broke up." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry. I'm going to kill him the next time I see him." He said, clenching his fist.

"No! I broke it up, not him. Just another failed relationship. It's fine, can we go eat my feelings in junk food?" I dismissed his comment.

"Aha, yeah sure. But first, I need to show you something."

He took me to the wall Shizuo broke down and saw many boxes of black poison.

The same poison that was terrorising the gang world of this city.

If my heart didn't break truly from the break up, then this did.

It shattered into a million pieces and pain burst through my chest.

I looked at Shinra woefully.

"I guess he was right to throw something at them. After all, they were suppliers of it. He did it for you," he said, looking at me regretfully.

"No, I know that look. Don't think it's my fault. I don't need this from you. I already know I fucked everything up with him. This will probably mean he will hate me forever and..." I broke down completely and all he could do was nothing but embrace a hug.

"Tell you what? Mikado is having holidays from school right?" He asked.

I nodded, not bothering that I looked a mess in front of him.

"Take the month off and go home with him. Go see your parents. I think the country air would help a bit." He ordered.

"Why are so nice to me? I wailed, crying even more at his kindness.

"Because I care for you and you are great assistant and you are probably the closest friend I have had,excluding Celty and Shizuo- Sorry too soon?"

I flinched at his name but he was harmless so yeah why not?

Before I could running back to his arms or go on an another errand about a poison death.

I needed to be clear about my feelings and get my head straight.

I truly deserve a break from this madness.
-------------------------------------------
So they broke up and she regrets it.

I think I know what I'm doing??

I kind of have the whole story set out and I know what is going to happen.

Anyways, vote for this story and comment your feedback.

See you in the next update. :)