━ fifty-seven. daniel's wedding

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN:
( daniel's wedding )

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN:( daniel's wedding )

*・゚

THE ABSOLUTE QUIETNESS ALERTED Spencer of her current goal while she aimlessly tiptoed down the stairs. Her assigned partner offered to check the place upstairs in order to profile any evidence left behind. Spencer does not understand, however. Their help was reported recently after four murders of older muggleborns occurred. She questions why there are people still stuck trying to continue what Voldemort had wanted to do. Did they not understand that they have lost? Spencer shakes her head lightly before she glances around in the spot where the wizard had been cursed.

"Finite incantatem," Spencer whispers, her wand holding out up front. Almost instantly, the quietness that lingered on the room vanished and a clear hearing of birds chirping made through the way of the windows. Her lips twist into a frown while she takes note of that notion. Silence, she repeats in her head. A planned attack then...

Her eyes gazes toward the top of the stairs and she tilts her head curiously. "If I am standing here, why is my wand in the floor? Am I too slow? Or, if I cannot hear right... no, if that is the case, then why was I stretching out for the wand," Spencer murmurs to herself in question. She glares harshly at the area on top before her gaze softens in realization. "I could hear when I was by the stairs, but going down is where the barrier stood. If I was down here, then I could not hear someone approaching me. But if I landed with the front of my body against the floor, then I was cursed by behind where the stairs are."

"No," Spencer denies her own statement. "This does not make sense. Why cast a Silencing Charm if the victim finds out they are being attacked? I can see their face but no one can hear me...? Possibly—" she stops mid-sentence and points her wand by the door across from her. Spencer heads toward there and looks toward the floor and the wall. "Two people working together? One hiding in the silence and the other casting the spell?"

"Montague," an accented voice makes her lose focus and she turns around to glance toward her partner. It is a young man (older than her by seven years) with a simple suit worn to signify their profession. His name is Agustin Castaño having originated from Spain, but moved closer to Scotland as a kid. His wizard skills are impressive and the two of them work well together. They are not exactly 'official' partners, but those that are part of the Academy are established a mission a few times to see how they work with others, and if they are able to provide help on the current assignment. "Find anything?"

Spencer purses her lips before suggesting, "Have we thought about there being two attackers rather than one?"