━ 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅. harry's birthday

Chapter Thirty-Six:
( harry's birthday )

Chapter Thirty-Six:( harry's birthday )

*・゚

DEATH. AN IDEA THAT completely scares majority of the people. It is the end of a life and what makes people fear it is the fact that no one alive knows what it is like to be dead. Spencer finds herself frighten by it as well, but she stares back at it and realizes that death is not something to be entirely wary of. At one point, everyone dies. What happens after death? She does not know. However, death is unstoppable— one day even the most immortal beings will crave it. Mad-Eye Moody and Harry's owl are dead. Whoever they once used to be vanished from the world that they know. Spencer slowly has come to the realization that in the time they are living in, maybe death is not all bad. That perhaps Moody and Hedwig are lucky. War guarantees suffering and pain-struck events that will forever be embedded in the mind. Death gets you out of it.

This is not to say that Spencer wants to die or that it is best for Moody and Hedwig to be gone. No, not good at all. Death does not matter to those that go through it. Nevertheless, it is something that the living do. Those alive watching the ones they love vanish from their view are whose hearts break and changes them completely. They go through every grief possible that makes them challenge who they truly are and it grips their throat tightly making them wonder if they can continue working ahead.

The answer to that wonder? It depends. Every person deals with death differently just like with every other subject there is to know. 

Mad-Eye Moody is not someone Spencer had been close with. He was a mere strong man helping them fight against Voldemort, but she did not know him like how Tonks did or every other Order member. Still, she grieves for him because he was a good man and those small conversations or actions that he has done stuck to her brain.

Spencer pities Ricky. He, unlike her, has a family that he truly loves and knows that they return that sentiment. And yet, her best friend is not with them hiding in France but instead with her. He had to bare the news that someone they know was killed and that she could have also died within that flight. Sometimes, Spencer forgot that in the moment with Voldemort it could have been her last breath— except he did not attack nor kill her. Not for any particular reason, just simple luck in her side. Though, this somehow encouraged Ricky to submit himself with the plan that she, Hermione, Ron, and Harry will be doing.

When he first told her that, she denied his words now realizing it is best for him to stay in the safe hands of the Order members. Spencer could not do much to change his mind, however. He made it clear that this time he would not back down and that he would follow her to hell if that is what it takes. And so, only them five know what they plan to do. The only information Spencer has given Daniel is vague and unclear.