━ 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻. morgana's letter

Chapter Seven:
( morgana's letter )

Chapter Seven:( morgana's letter )

*・゚

             TO SPENCER'S SURPRISE, HAGRID has return to his rightful spot as a teacher for Care of Magical Creatures. He made his big reveal of return during breakfast, but she was not exactly filled with excitement the moment she went to his class and shivered at the freezing weather. Her shoes are covered in snow and only by grabbing onto Theodore's arm is how she is able to get through the pile without falling face-flat onto the ice. Ricky snickers at the sight of his friend trying not to fall, but then lowers his own vocals as they listen to Malfoy whine about who-knows-what. All they knew is that the Slytherins (even Theodore) did not like the half-giant wizard. Spencer, in the other hand, likes the man, but not his teaching skills. It was obvious he adores creatures endlessly, but she figures that blinds him in the idea that students could be injured. Some creatures do tend to look scary.

             Hagrid (isn't it odd that they don't call him Professor Hagrid? Spencer always wonders about that) calls for the students to follow him. No one moves until the three usual brave Gryffindors share a look and made the first move. Her two close friends glance at her curiously and she rolls her eyes, making them follow right behind them. All of them walk for about ten minutes until they reach a place where the trees stood so closely together that it is as dark as twilight and absolutely no snow in the ground. Her nose scrunches up in disgust as she stares at how half of a cow is being used as meat to bait whatever creatures he plans to bring for their lesson. She jumps in surprise as she zones out but is brought back by some shrieking cry.

             After a while, she notices Harry hit Ron's shoulder and point in a blank space between two gnarled-yew trees. Her eyes wanders to where he points and frowns as she only saw the leaves breeze loudly. It did not take her long to figure out that whatever they are looking at, not everyone us able to notice them. Spencer thought back to the hundreds of creatures she read about and she smiles in accomplishment as the name Thestral rings in her mind. Based on the description of the creatures that she read in the book, they are black winged-horses that have white eyes. They are commonly known as the horse of the dead because only people who have seen a person die were able to witness them. It did not surprise her that Harry is able to see them.

             Ricky notices her unconfused expression and nudges her in the side, whispering, "What is he on?"

             "We can't see them cause we haven't witness anyone die," Spencer murmurs back to her two friends. Theodore tilts his head back in surprise. The young Ravenclaw looked around the room and only notices that apart from Harry, three more people were able to see it. Neville Longbottom is one of them, a stringy Slytherin, and to her most surprise, Blaise Zabini. She wonders who he may have seen died? She hopes it was not anyone truly important to him and that it had not been so tragic... For a moment, she wondered to herself why Theodore was not able to see them. Then it hit her that he probably did not see his mother take her last breath despite knowing somehow close to him that died.