━ 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. a not-so happy christmas

Chapter Eight:
( a not-so happy christmas )

warning! acts of torture, burning, bruising

▂✫⌒*・゚

SPENCER SWALLOWS DEEPLY AS she prepares herself to see her perfect postured family. Her neck is wrapped with her Ravenclaw scarf, something she knows will make her parents stare at her in disgust for it not being Slytherin colors. She finds herself watching bitterly as Morgana struts her way to their parent's arms. Of course, the older girl does not hug them as she is too good for that, but she smirks wickedly at their bright eyes. Spencer does not see herself with the same enthusiasm and finds herself with trek steps. It confuses her to no end when a presence is felt beside her and she stops continuing in order to turn to the figure. She has come to be unsurprised that Blaise Zabini somehow finds a way to her. Instead, she glances at him questioningly.

"Didn't know you were going home," he comments in confusion, taking one look at the two parents who trap their eldest in a deathly hug.

Spencer shudders silently and sends him a false smile. "Last minute change of plans. By force, of course," she responds. Her eyes gazes at his face for a couple of seconds before she turns away. "See you later... Charles Darnay," Spencer salutes goodbye with a playful wink.

The Slytherin frowns— not at the name— but at the fact that once again she hid her own feelings and pretends to be fine. Then again, who is he to judge? He is practically the king of mastering such facade. And as she fades from his view, his lips only releases something that sounds like, "Later, Jo March."

The young Ravenclaw approaches her family with cautiousness. It is her father who first glances up and his lips place themselves thinly as he stares at her. His absolute silence causes his loving wife to separate from the Slytherin girl and an actual grimace appears in her face. Spencer clenches her jaw in annoyance and crosses her arms diligently. She is not going to try and please them anymore. No matter what happens, she will defy them like they have to her for years. Morgana gives her a smug look and it soon disappears as the younger Montague purposely hits her shoulder with her own as she stomps forward to leave already.

Morgana scowls, her forehead creasing in anger while throwing daggers at her sister's back. Even without staring at her, Spencer could already see her lips move to a threatening sentence that most likely had to do with "better watch it before I curse you indefinitely". Morgana never did her harm; at least not with magic or in front of their parents or others. She is a manipulative, cold-hearted bitch and she will continue to be so. Spencer finds herself staring at her two parents. When they notice their youngest looking at them, both of them turn away and began whispering to each other. How does a child end up being faithfully ignored and disliked by their parents? And why does it still hurt? Too many questions that even her own mind cannot answer.