━ 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲. the return of the r's

Chapter Forty-Three:
( the return of the r's )

Chapter Forty-Three:( the return of the r's )

*・゚

             SPENCER IS TIRED OF waking up everyday with Ricky's voice being heard over her mind repeatedly despite him not being there. It occurs almost every single night. She keeps herself awake until Harry forces her to try and sleep and then she does only to get bundled up with nightmares at every turn. Spencer has forgotten what it is like to actually dream something nice when all she would get is something like a memory between her and Morgana, her parents, her aunt, Voldemort, the damn stupid snake, the sensation of pain— every single worse thing to have happened to her continuously occurring in her sleep. And then the only way she wakes up is when she hears Ricky's soft voice repeat 'You're fine, you're okay' and she opens her eyes only to realize he is not there. There are times where in the middle of a nightmare some person tries to save her. It is never Ricky because he is the one who at last always wakes her up, however, she has dreamt of Blaise trying to tell her not to let others win, Daniel comforting her that their mind is beautiful, the Weasley twins trying to pop up beside her, Ginny talking about Harry, Fleur doing her hair— all of them are some sort of guardian angel trying to make her find a light path and it does not work until she thinks she hears Ricky and yet... he is not there.

             Harry has not been doing any better. Even if Spencer did not know him as good as she does, anyone could see the absolute rage in his system. The way he glares at a certain spot and if it was possible, Spencer is sure the area would burst into flames. She would assume his fury is directed at her and Hermione, however, in one of the days she kept herself awake... she heard him mutter on Dumbledore's name and it was then she realized he is furious at the dead wizard who was suppose to help him— to guide him. Spencer does not try and tell him that Dumbledore wanted what was best for him because she did not know him and most of all, she is not sure those words would be true. Instead, it feels like if Harry was just a simple pawn to the old wizard.

             She glances at him warily, noticing the way his hand is clenching toward Hermione's wand in a way that allows her to know he is thinking about all that has gone wrong. It is only when Hermione appears with two cups of tea that she turns away from him.

             "Harry?" Hermione whispers, appearing frightened that he might curse her with her own wand. Her face streaks with tears, she crouches down beside them and hands one of the cups toward Harry and the other to Spencer. The youngest of the three smiles weakly while she accepts the drink. It tastes like water to Spencer's tongue, but she ignores it and lets her throat burn because of how hot the tea is. It is not like the air is not freezing cold so it does not bother her. "Do you mind if I talk to you?" The curly-haired girl wonders quietly.