━ 𝘀𝗶𝘅. quidditch rivals

Chapter Six:
( quidditch rivals )

Chapter Six:( quidditch rivals )

*・゚

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, Spencer was not feeling like shit all day anymore. It lessened to about five hours a day for a week and then two hours for another. She was now down to at least one hour of self-hatred which is still considerably not good, but it was improvement. A known philosopher, Sir Francis Bacon, once claimed, "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." Spencer tried seeing whatever was going on with her in such way. Surely a smart man like him had some wise words ahead of its time, right? She remembered reading one of Bacon's books about the development of the scientific method, something muggles tend to use in the real life for science. It was somewhat like magic except explainable in a way. This guarantee her some brilliance in his mind which possibly means his words are not far off. Perhaps the reason why she was getting better was because of the talk Ricky forced her to have with him or maybe because of the DA's meetings or even because of Theodore spending time with them. It was a nice change having him around often since last year they only knew of each other. The thought of his father still most likely being a Deatheater never left her mind, but she let it pass the more he hung out with them.

Although there was a small library in the Ravenclaw common room, Spencer has come to enjoy the actual library for the very reason that Theodore could join the two of them. The Slytherin tried to rapidly finish his homework while Ricky studied for Potions (since Snape made him redo one of the essays) and Spencer continued reading on her own. At the book she was reading, Ricky offered her a raised eyebrow since he knew now where the book came from. Zabini gave her his book of A Tale of Two Cities and in return she did the same. Truth be told, she already finished the fictional (and yet based on a real event) novel. She understood why the other Slytherin enjoyed it. The setting took place in Europe during the French Revolution, an event that occurred for muggles alike that involved changing the political system. It differed from her suggestion that she gave him since hers mostly dealt with woman.

"I don't think this is a real word, Spence," Theodore sighs out, pushing the book of Transfiguration close to the brunette. Spencer places down her book, putting a bookmark in it (she wasn't about to fold it) and motioned for her friend to tell her what he meant. Her eyebrows raises in amusement and she sends a comforting smile toward him as she pats him in the back. The word was quite long and she couldn't blame him for getting stuck on it since it was kakorrhaphiophobia. Why was it even in it anyway?

"Don't think much about it. It does not affect the curriculum," Spencer tells him once she reads over the sentence. Theodore's confusion still lingers in his face, his curiosity of it actually being a word dawning on him. "Think of it this way... it's something Hermione— and me I suppose— have," she explains briefly.