━ 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿. luna's father tells the tale

Chapter Forty-Four:
( luna's father tells the tale )

Chapter Forty-Four:( luna's father tells the tale )

*・゚

RICKY MAY BE BACK with Spencer, but she has come to realize that he cannot fix everything. Her lack of sleep is damaging and the way nightmares seclude her every night does not just disappear because he is there. Does he help? Yes. It helps that her best friend sleeps beside her and it is that same warm feeling he gives her that makes her feel protected.

Her mind is not the type to depend on one person, however. It has a great complexity that Spencer has not yet figured out how to deal with. Daniel warned her that during these times her brain will be the most helpful and hurtful part of her. Currently, it has been nothing but hurtful. She still does not understand what Dumbledore's watch is meant to represent. The days either get shorter or it somehow develops into years and Spencer is afraid it is referring to when they find all the Horcrux or maybe it is some time limit and when they get to that spot all hope is lost. She does not know! Spencer despises not knowing something that has to be known. That is to say, she understands if there are questions about the universe that cannot be answered because they are difficult to understand and they need better everything (for example, the question about the universe and if there is life after death or if there isn't), but this is something that was given to her. Something she has to figure out without question.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man. Spencer winces as she hears another thought cross her mind. Euler's Identity is Euler's number— the base of natural logarithms with the power of an imaginary unit and pi plus one which equals to zero. Her hands go up to her temples knowing they will not stop. Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were. Candles were originally used to protect the birthday celebrant from demons for the coming year. No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks. Stop. Is it bad that I don't care? She tugs onto her hair wanting the voices to stop. What happened in the past that was painful has a great deal to do with what we are today. Spencer tries to breath normally... she does not understand why they all overlap each other. She hates it because it overwhelms her.

Isn't it amazing what our minds can do?

"No," she whispers under the dark morning light. And with her answer, all the voices quiet down and she is left with only one. Daniel is not with them yet somehow it is like his presence is right beside her. His voice echoes on her mind like a guidance in a dark path. Spencer closes her eyes and finds some comfort in his familiar voice.

I know what it's like to be afraid of your own mind.

"Does it ever stop?" She knows not to speak any louder with all her friends sleeping around her. Perhaps it is better if she heads somewhere else but then someone would hear her shift around. Spencer stays under the warmth of her blanket and gazes toward the entrance of the tent where little light passes through.