Ten

Damien's POV

I called Emerald as I made a little breakfast for myself.

"Hey!" She chirped. I smiled, surprised.

"What's gotten you in the mood?" I asked, jokingly.

"Chocolate Muffins." She answered and giggled.

"Anyways, I was thinking if you could look after Kia for a few hours while I go for a meeting?"

"Sure. Will you bring her at my house then? And also don't tell anyone, okay?" She said with her muffled voice which I guess is because she has stuffed her mouth with muffins.

"Sure. By nine?"

"Yep. Will be waiting." She hung up. A few minutes later,she texted me the address with with a smiley emoji.

"Dada!" I heard her. Laughing evilly to myself, I walked upstairs to the room. I opened the door that I had locked. She was being very naughty and would run on stairs so I had locked her in when she was asleep.

There she was, puffing her cheeks in anger, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Good morning, baby." I said and tried to pick her up but she moved back.

"Dada bad bad." She said in a scolding tone. I chuckled and sat on my knees to her level.

"Aw, baby. Don't be like that. I did this for your safety." I tried to convince her.

"Bad bad." She said and turned away from me.

"If you don't talk to your Dada, Dada won't take you to your Momma." She turned in instant with a grin.

"MoMA?" She asked.

"Yep. Now let's get you ready for your day with your Momma."

••••

I was in front of the huge mansion to which Emerald has sent me the address. I told the guards that she has called me. They said they're already been informed.

The door opened and there was a maid standing there.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"Um...I'm Damien Knight and here to see Emerald Romano." I tell her.

"Yeah. Please, come in sir. Would you like to have something?" She asked.

"No thanks. Would you call her please? I have a meeting to go to." Just then, Emerald came, skipping a stair with her each step.

"MoMA!" Kiara said as she saw her coming. Emerald smiled and kissed her cheeks.

"Hi Kia. I missed you a lot yesterday." She said, picking her up.

"What about me?" I asked, teasingly. She giggled.

"I missed you too, Dami."

"Okay, well, I'll get going. If you have any trouble you can either call me or Brody. See ya." Like the old habit I have, I hugged her and pecked her lips. My eyes widened when I realised what I just did. "I-I am s-sorry. I should get going." I turned to Kiara. "Bye baby. Be good for your Momma okay?" She smiled and waved at me as I left.

Phew!

••••

"Mr Ricci is in your office sir. Mr Maxwell has taken care of the meeting so far. You just have to confirm the deal and sign the contract." My assistant Nell, informed.