Four

Damien's POV

"Sir, we have got some really good information about Ms Romano and Dr Wilshire." I heard Philip saying. I nodded and motioned him to sit. I looked up from my laptop and met his gaze.

"What is it?"

"Ms Romano had a miscarriage six months before she was pregnant with Kiara. Were you aware of that?" He asked.

What?!

"A-are you sure this information is correct, Philip?" I asked him.

"Hundred percent sir. And we have also found that when Ms Romano was in Italy, she used hangout with him." He put a picture of guy in front of me. It was the same guy who was in pictures with Emerald which my mom had shown me.

"His name's Antonio Ricci. He's a huge businessman in Italy and is very powerful and popular celebrity. There hasn't been any information about his relation with Ms Romano but rumors say that these two used to go in same highschool in Italy."

So, she did cheated on me.

"Dr Wilshire was hired by Mr Ricci for Ms Romano. She said that Ms Romano was two and a half months pregnant. She didn't tell anything about the father. She then got into an accident and lost her unborn child." He finished.

Was the child mine? Did she really cheat on me?

Even if she did, why?

Everything was so great between us. Yes, we would have small arguments on the stupidest things. But it was all about movies and snacks. Nothing big happened between us.

Was I bad? Not enough for her?

"Mr Knight?" Philip called.

"I need some air. You can go. I'll go home too. Thank you." I said and got up.

"Wait, Mr Knight." He said and I turned to him. "We have found that your mother was in touch with Aiden Hunter."

"Oh." Is all I said. I didn't have words to describe my confusion.

••••

"Baby!" I called out for Kiara. I had left her with Brody at home. Now that I'm home, there's no one else here.

"Kiara?" I called again. "Brody?"

All I got in return was silence.

I ran to the kitchen and bathroom but they weren't here. I came running to my room and sighed in relief when I saw Kiara sleeping on my bed beside Brody.

There were paints and brushes everywhere. I walked to the bed and saw Brody's face painted. Seeing it, I couldn't help but laugh. Even Kiara's nose and hands were covered in paints of yellow, red, blue and black.

I chuckled and changed in my regular clothes after I had showered. I made myself cup noodles and ate.

Now, back to Emerald, I have accepted the fact that she cheated on me and left. But that still doesn't answer the weird phone call she made. I'm gonna find and made her suffer like I have been from last year.

I'll get to you Emerald.

••••

"Morning Dami!" Emerald chirped in just ear. I chuckled and pulled her to me and pecked her lips.

"Morning love." She smiled and turned to kitchen island.

"Why are you doing?" She asked.

"Making breakfast for my lovely girlfriend." I said with a smirk. I know where this conversation is going.

"Oh... So, is she cute?" She asked, knowing it's her.

"No, she's not." I said. Her smile dropped and she looked at me. "She's impossibly hot and gorgeous." I smirked as I saw her blushing furiously.

She giggled and kissed my jaw as she couldn't reach to my lips because of her height. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my torso, naturally. Her arms locked behind my neck and she kissed me passionately.

"God! I love you so much, Damien." She said against my lips. 

••••

"Dada...?" I heard a quiet voice and opened my eyes. I didn't even realize that I slept on the dining table itself.

Did I just dream about her? More like a memory it was.

I turned to Kiara who was trying to sit on my lap. I picked her up and sat on my lap.

"Hey baby." I mumbled in my sleepy voice while rubbing my eyes. "Where's uncle Brody?" I asked her.

"Bobo go." She pointed to the door. I hummed. "Cookie Dada, cookie." She said pointing to her tummy. I chuckled and got up. I gave her her bottle of milk and a cookie to play with.

She finished half of the bottle and threw it. I frowned and placed the bottle in front of her mouth again. She shook her head and moved away.

"No!" She said with her scrunched up nose like her mother.

"If you don't finish this, I'll take your cookie and won't give you any from now." I threatened. But she started to cry.

"Dada bad bad." She said with her teary eyes. I huffed and banged my head on the table three times.

I felt her coming close to me. She lifted my head in her arms and rubbed my forehead.

"No no." She said. I chuckled and pulled her to me. She squealed in surprise and giggled. I kissed her cheek and smiled at her.

"Why are you so cute?" I ask her. And you won't believe what she said in return.....

"MoMA!"

What the.....

••••

Later at night, I cleaned the kitchen up and put Kiara to sleep after bath. She slept soundly. Maybe Brody and she really had a lot of fun. I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Hey dude." He said.

"Wanna meet me at the bar?" I asked.

"What about Kiara? You're gonna leave her alone in the house?"

"No stupid! She's asleep and I could really use a drink right now. I'm not in correct state of my mind. Leo's bar in ten." I said and hung up.

I checked everything to make sure she remains asleep before going out. Since Emerald left, I haven't trusted anyone. Even I don't keep maids and servants at my house. I hope I'll come home quick and safe for my baby.