One

One and a half years later.

Damien's POV

I woke up to some chirpy voices. Of course. It was my daughter.

"Dada! Dada! Up! Up!" She said in her cute voice. I chuckled and turned.

"Fine. I'm up." I smiled and walked to her crib. She was standing in there. I picked her up and kissed her cheeks. "Did you sleep well, baby?" I asked her.

"No!" She said, enthusiastically.

"Good." I said and set her down. She ran into the bathroom.

The only words she says is Dada, up, no, and bad. Other times she makes some really cute noises.

I walked in the bathroom behind her and saw her standing on a stool with my toothbrush in her hand near the sink. I chuckled and picked her up again.

"You don't need to brush your teeth yet, sweetie. First grow all of your teeth." I said and took the brush from her hands.

"No!" She whined, reaching for the brush.

"If you threatened me with your crying face, I'll put you to sleep." I warned her and she instantly quietened. I chuckled and brush my own teeth with she still in my arms.

After that, I ran a bath for her. I put her in the tub and she started to splash the water around while laughing.

"Don't do that, Kia. Bad Bad." I tell her but that doesn't stop her. Hence, I joined her too.

After that, I finally managed to clean her up and dress in a onesie. I picked her up and walked to the kitchen. Putting her in a high chair, I made breakfast for both of us.

I placed the plate of whole grain pancakes in front of her and put a bite in front of her mouth. She moved her mouth away and crossed her arms.

"No!" I sighed and placed the bite in front of her mouth again. She turned her head to another side and yelled a no again.

"If you don't eat it, you'll get weak. Do you want to get weak?" I asked her.

"No." She said, looking at me.

"Then eat it." I tell her, placing the fork in front of her mouth. But she turned her head to other side again.

"No."

I sighed. In all these years and months, I don't get to feed her properly. She doesn't eat from anyone's hands. Even mine.

"Just eat it!" I mistakenly yelled in frustration. Her eyes watered and she started to cry.

Shit!

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm really sorry. I won't yell at you from now." I said as I picked her up in my arms. She sniffled in crook of my neck and quietened. "I'm sorry, Kiara. I wish your Mom was here to make you eat." I said, more to myself.

"Dada." She said. "Bad Bad." She said in a scolding tone. I chuckled and kissed her cheeks.

"Dada will be good from now, okay?" I said and she smiled. "Now, will you eat your breakfast?"

"No." She looked away from me.

"Fine. Would you drink a whole bottle of milk then?" I asked her. She turned to me and grinned.

"No!" She said enthusiastically and I took that as yes.

Though she didn't finish the whole bottle of milk, she drank half of it. Now, she's sleeping so I decided to work.

I called Brody.

"Hey dude. How's my baby niece doing?" He asked.

Can he for once ask about me?

No..?

Okay.

"Sleeping. How are things at office?" I asked as I looked through the accounts.

"Good. We have made the deal with Mr Carter and Mr Pierce's companies. Our profit has increased over months and we are all very good." He said.

"Great. Anything else I should know?"

"Yeah. You're going to your parents' tonight." He reminded. I hummed.

"Any news about....her?" I asked.

"Yes actually. Do you want me to come over?"

"Sure." I hung up.

Yes, I haven't given up on finding her yet. The past months have been very hectic and the only thing that kept me sane was Kiara. For Kiara, I have been working from home and Brody has been managing the things at office. I never hired a nanny for Kiara because Emerald never wanted me too. She would say no one other than family and friends should touch our child. Not even the nanny.

The door bell rang, waking Kiara up. I walked to her first and made her sleep again. Then, I opened the door and let Brody come in.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Told you she's sleeping. Next time, don't ring the bell, you woke her up earlier."

"Okay, bro." He smirked. I made our way to the couch. "So, what I have found with the team is quite interesting and...weird." he said.

"Just come directly to the point." I groaned.

"Well, your mother, as in Mrs Knight, visited Emerald at your house before she went in labor. Did you know that?"

"Mom visited her that day? But I never saw her home nor did Emerald said anything to me about her." I stated.

"Exactly. And also we got this footage from hospital." He said before inserting a pen drive in my laptop. I watched the footage.

I came out from the room where Emerald was with Kiara. A few minutes later, a woman about in her forties goes in the room. She doesn't come for a very long time. When she finally comes, she has a victorious smirk on her face.

Brody paused it and zoomed on the face. I gasped when I saw who it was.

"M- mom?" I narrowed my eyes at it. He played the video again.

An hour later, Emerald comes out with a tear stained face and leaves. The video ends there.

"I guess, you will take the case from here." Brody said and closed the laptop. I heard my baby crying so I went to get her.

She was sitting in her crib and was crying her eyes out. I picked her in my arms and slightly bounced her up and down, rubbing her back simultaneously.

"Don't worry baby. Dada is here." I said to her. About a fifteen minutes later, she finally stopped crying and looked at me with her red cheeks and red nose.

I wiped her tears and smiled at her.

"Let's feed your tummy, okay?"

"No!" She yelled and grinned. I went downstairs and handed her to Brody.

"How's my baby niece doing? Are you eating properly?" He asked her.

"No!" She replied.

"Aw! She's so honest like her Mom." Brody said with a smile.

"Mo?" Kiara said in questioning tone. I glared at Brody while he just chuckled nervously.

"Anyways, is she really not eating properly?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"Get her her Momma." Brody said and I glared at him.

"Ma?" Kiara said.

"Yes. Do you want a Momma Kiara?" He asked her.

"MoMA?" She questioned.

"Yes. All you have to say is yes."

And on that unfortunate day, my daughter finally said....

"Yes!"

Fuck me!