Six

Damien's POV

I was now returning to my home after I had just met with the doctor. She said that Kiara is growing her molars and has a little fever as her intake of vitamins and minerals is less. She prescribed a few meds and we left.

I had told Philip and the team to bring Emerald to my house as I can't go there. They told me that she was on the beach yesterday night when they saw her. She was sitting alone. They asked her a few questions and told her that they work for me. Surprisingly, Emerald said she wants to meet me too.

I know it sounds weird but she also said she doesn't want any other person to know that she's in NY itself.

So, here I am. Waiting for them to bring her here.

••••

The door bell rang. My heart was beating fast. I was all over again feeling like the day we had our first date.

•••

I'm feeling a lot lot nervous. What if I do something wrong or say something she won't like? What if she dumps the orange juice over my head and leaves me there like that. Wha

She opened the door and my eyes widened at what she was wearing. It was pink short and simple dress that stopped right above her knees. Her hair were loose on her shoulders. And she was looking absolutely amazing and hot.

"Um....?" She said looking at me. I looked up and met her eye. "Do you not like it? I'll just change and come—"

"You look gorgeous, love." I smirked as she blushed.

"Thank you. You look nice too." She said and smiled.

"If by nice you mean hot, then, thanks love." I pulled out a KitKat bar from my pocket and gave it to her. "For you." She giggled and kissed me on cheek.

"Let's go." I pulled her to my car.

••••

"Mr Knight?" I heard Philip saying and snapped out of my trance. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm good. Where is she?" I asked. The guys moved a little and I saw her. My love. Emerald.

She was wearing a pair of jeans and white top with her hair tied in a ponytail. She still looked so beautiful. She was biting her lip like she does when she's nervous. God! How that turned me on!

"Thank you, Philip. You may leave now. Your payment will be transferred in your account by today." I tell him. They left.

I moved a little to give her space to come in. She came in and looked around. I was right behind her. She turned back and bumped into my chest. She then hurriedly moved back and looked down. Not meeting my gaze.

"S-sorry." She said. I just nodded and motioned her to sit. We were sitting opposite to each other and there was completely uncomfortable silence between us.

I didn't know what to say to her. Nor did I want to stop talking to her. I want to know what's going on in her mind. W—

We both looked at each other as we heard the cry. I got and so did she but she didn't make any move to follow me to the room or see the child.

Leaving her behind, I went to the room and scooped Kiara up. I brought her down to eat something. Whole time she was crying. Emerald would now think that I don't take care of her properly. Please stop crying, Kia.

"Um...is she growing her molars?" I heard Emerald ask. I was a little shock but nodded my head.

"Yes."

"Oh. Can I...take her?" She asked, seeming ashamed of herself. "It's fine if n—"

"Here." I said. I don't know why but I still don't like to see her upset. She looked surprised but smiled and took her. I watched them.

Kiara kept on crying. Her jaw must hurt bad. Emerald set her on the dining table and sat in front of her on chair. Kiara just kept staring and crying. Emerald raised her hand and wiped Kiara's tears with her thumb, gently.

"Don't cry baby." She whispered and again picked her up. Kiara stopped to cry but still sniffled. There were tears of regret in Emerald's eyes. Some of them maybe happy tears too.

"Let's feed that little tummy of yours, hmm?" She softly said. She came to me and handed Kiara to me. "Can I use the kitchen?" She asked. I nodded.

"Sure."

"Thank you. What do you normally give her to eat?" She asked and looked around for things.

"Um...whole grain pancakes and stuff like that. But she doesn't eat any. She mostly drinks half of the milk in her bottle." I tell her. It feels good to talk to her.

"Half? Why?" She questioned.

"I don't know."

"Okay." She then moved to the kitchen island. Took Kiara's bottle and filled it with milk and added some sugar to it before shaking it.

"Wait." She turned. "Don't babies eat natural milk without anything added?" I asked her. I have always given Kiara pure milk without adding anything.

"They do. But some doesn't so we add flavors to them." She said and shrugged. I didn't question her further. She checked the temperature of the bottle before taking Kiara from my hands.

"Come here, Kia." She said and put the nipple of the bottle in her mouth. She drank some of it before taking the whole bottle from Emerald's hands. For the first time, my baby finished her food completely.

Kiara slept right there in her arms. Emerald placed a loving kiss on her cheek and then on forehead. I put Kiara to bed and came down to see Emerald washing the bottle and everything she used.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat to get her attention. She put the things aside, wiped her hands and looked at me. Then, she looked down and here and there except looking at me.

"We need to talk." I said.