14. Returning Back

Start from the beginning

Kol's POV:

I took a quick glance around the mansion and headed to the living room with the big fireplace where there I saw the infamous Stefan and Damon Salvatore standing next to each other across me.

"Hello there Damon, Stefan," I greeted with a smile, "I hope you have considered carefully my deal and give me the dagger. So, where is it?"

"Why do you want it back anyway? This danger is only a threat to you," remarked Stefan with furrowed brows.

Damon crossed his arms, studying me suspiciously.

"For your information Stefan, I need this for my protection. So enough with the questions and give me the dagger," I ushered and held out my hand.

Stefan looked guiltily at Damon and then at me.

"You said if we give you the dagger, you will leave and never come back to Mystic Falls," said the younger one.

"I will keep my promise."

I slowly started approaching and held out my hand at him. Stefan stared at it in confusion, while the older one had gone from staring at me dubiously to scolding his little brother.

"Stef no! What are you doing?"

"A life without Kol? It's really tempting, Damon, just think about it."

"This wasn't my choice Stefan, remember that." sighed exasperatedly Damon and stomped out of the room, leaving me and Stefan all alone.

Stefan hung his head sadly at the refusal of his brother and then stretched out his hand above mine, dropping the known dagger in the safety of my hand.

"You have five minutes," glared Stefan and I could only but chuckle in amusement.

"I am already gone," I responded and sped up out of the house.

Davina's POV:

Kol walked back in the car after a while with a big smile across his happy face. In his right hand, was the sharp well-known dagger.

"So? That's it?" I blinked, astonished by how fast and smoothly it had all turned out.

He turned at me and winked flirtatiously.

"Yep. That's about it. So now love, how about a trip to New York? I've heard it's really hectic during the night this time of the year."

"New Orleans, Kol. I want to see Marcel."

His smile slowly faded away and he shrugged, refusing to say another word. He simply turned on the engine and drove off, away from Mystic Falls, away from Virginia.

~ • ~

During the trip, I had again one of the terrible headaches. At first, I spoke nothing of the sort to Kol, because I simply did not want to cause another scene and stay away from New Orleans any longer.

But the pain, the pain I thought I could handle, grew stronger and stronger, like a drill was pinning my head on the wall, vibrations and noises messing my hearing sense up. Unwillingly, I winced when a sudden sharp pain shot right through me.

Kol immediately noticed that and I pulled he car to the side, turning his body to face me in his seat.

"Hey hey, darling, what's wrong? This headache again?" he asked and I hesitantly nodded.

Damn it, me. I have zero tolerance for physical pain, apparently.

"It hurts," I winced again and squinted my eyes, "It's just getting worse."