16. Life With The Originals

Davina's POV:

I frowned and turned to look at Kol.

He was still staring back at me with the same mischief, the same callousness pouring out of his piercing eyes.

After having taken a sip of champagne, I narrowed my owm, indicating as much disgust and distress as I could manage.

"What do you want now, Kol?"

His eyes narrowed attractively and I was distracted by his tongue running over his teeth as he grinned greedily. He wasn't making it easier for me, being even more flirtatious than before.

"Oh I'll tell you, should you be my partner for the First Dance."

"First Dance?"

"Yes. After the toast, the Mikealsons are to dance with their partners, so I am asking you to be mine."

Smiling like that, Kol was as if he was challenging me to act out of character and ruin everything. My heart rate had flared up again and he just kept on pouring gasoline on it, enraging it. He was using it again, that strange yet appealing power he had used over and over against me, that thing that was commonly called charm.

And unfortunately, it was working.

However, Kol had underestimated my persistence.

I took a step back warily and gripped my fists. No matter the looks, the tension, the heat, I wouldn't bend. This act was beneficial for us both and I couldn't ruin it because of those overwhelming emotions.

"You are in no place to ask anything of me. You kidnapped me, have you forgotten that? So you better stay the hell away from me or I'll scream," I snapped back and turned on my heels.

With my back turned against him, I attempted to walk away from him. It had to look persuasive. It had to or else-

"I'm afraid you're not going anywhere."

A painful grip around my wrist made me wince as I was forcefully turned around again, facing an infuriated Kol.

I have to say, I felt my body freezing when I glanced at him.

The swirling anger swimming around his irises was ridiculously real and for a moment I was afraid that he was indeed pissed off. That sharp stare was the exact same as the one back to the first day of our road trip, before he dragged me back to the car.

My eyes darted around nervously, spotting Kol's siblings escorting their partners to the empty dance floor.

Kol squeezed my wrist a bit to earn my attention again and I glared at him when he did.

He was taking this too far.

"If you want to leave alive from here, love, I suggest you talk properly to me, is that clear? Don't try to be the hero here, because not even your precious Marcel won't save you from me. You have learned what I am capable of after all, yes?"

I gritted my teeth, participating in a short staring contest. Eventually, I huffed in annoyance and muttered my answer.

"Let's just get this over with."

With no further arguments, he led me to the dance floor where his siblings were already spinning around gracefully with their partners. They were all in perfect sync, as if they have been practising their whole lives for that very moment. But then again, this wasn't their first dance, was it? Kol, wearing the façade of a cheerful person, gently rested his hand upon my waist and with his other one reached mine, encouraging me to cup each other's hands firmly. I knew how this worked, from what I had seen and visually memorized, at the very least. My free hand was soon settled upon his shoulder and only then did I realise how sturdy and broad his body was as it towered over mine.