14. Returning Back

Davina's POV:

The next morning, we went back to the Salvatores.

Of course, I hadn't mentioned anything about my conversation with Elena to Kol. It wasn't like it he had to know anyway, so I didn't bother to bring it up.

We didn't talk about the yesterday kiss either.

When the car came to a stop and I moved to get out of my seat, Kol grabbed my arm and pulled me back in.

"You aren't going anywhere. You're staying here."

"What? No, I am coming!"

I pulled my hand out of his grasp and slipped out like a slithery snake before he could yank me back again.

But as expected, Kol sped up and appeared in front of me and placed his hands on my cheeks. Apparently he was under the impression that he had the authority to touch them like that whenever he pleased.

"Stop being stubborn, love. You know that if you come they'll try to use you again, probably even make me choose between you and the dagger."

"What would you choose?"

"What?"

"I said, what would you choose Kol? Me, or the dagger?"

He paused.

And I gulped.

"Of course you, love. Why you ask something like that?"

"You hesitated."

"Look, darling, this is very important to me-"

"Oh, right. I had forgotten. Sorry," I mocked and slapped his hands away.

I was acting funny and bitchy and I hated it. But I was bothered, I was really bothered by the fact he didn't seem affected at all by our heartfelt discussion the day before. Not to mention that kiss.

And now this happened and I was left with even more frustration and bitterness.

"Davina."

I looked up at him.

"You're staying here. End of story."

I growled, probably to intimidate him but it was only a pathetic effort. As if I could even intimidate this guy at all.

A hand running through my hair brought me back to my senses and my head snapped up. My pulse quickened again, and I found my subconscious wanting him to touch me more, to repeat last night's event. I was really starting to lose self-control around him and I was afraid that he might notice it sooner or later.

"I'm pretty strong, you know."

He smirked, "I know."

"No, I mean like, witchcraft. I have been practising a lot lately so don't test me. Besides, I can protect myself. Even against you."

"Oh really?" he licked his lips, teasingly revealing the tip of his tongue as he did so, "That I would love to see."

... And I was left breathless again as he leaned closer but stopped halfway, studying my eyes carefully. I bet he could see anything I was feeling in there, since I wasn't really good at faking glances and expressions. He knew that.

"Stay right here."

That was all he said before rushing away from me, leaving me dumbfounded and dazzled.

I groaned louder this time and kicked the door in frustration.

I did not want to stay here.