36. Old But Gold

Kol's Pov:

Davina and I were searching for the spell all day. I was her guide, i have been always a fan of witchcraft so i knew a lot about it. The next day, she was anxious and upset. She couldnt concentrate so i came up with an idea.

"The spell won't work" she shrugged and sighed. "It requires many things and its really strong 'cause I am gonna use it on a strong witch" she continued and sat on the couch.

"I thought it was just a spell which is gonna bond Esther with her body" said Marcelus and crossed his arms.

"No, its not that simple. Firstly i am gonna need her blood and the moment i will have it, i must start the spell. Because the spell will make her weak and it needs time to bond her with her body. The moment i will do the spell, i need power, much more power than i already have" explained the little witch. "I would use the full moon because its a good source of magic even though the next month will be one" she said and looked down.

I didnt speak for a moment. I was thinking about the idea i had, because i think it will make Davina chill a bit. I smirked and decided it was time to show her what she wanted to see.

I stood in front of her, holding out my hand. She looked at me confused and lifted her eyebrow.

"Come on, i want to show you something" i said and she blinked her eyes.

Hesitantly, she took my hand and stood up. We both left from the mansion, heading to the car.

*****************************

The tomb was at the old cemetary. I lead Davina to the tomb of her anchestors. The place i had been working with Mary Alice Claire and Astrid.

"Thats the tomb" i said and she stared at it for a while.

"How does it open?" she asked and i held out my hand.

"With a Claire's blood" i said and she hesitantly took my hand.

I brought her hand close to mouth and my fangs appeared. I looked at Davina, who was staring at me all the time.

"Dont worry love, it won't hurt" i said and bit the palm of her hand.

Her warm blood rolled her hand and fell on the ground. Davina placed her bleeding palm at the old stoned door and suddently it started shaking. The little surprised witch stepped behind and stood next to me. A loud sound was heard and the ground started shaking.

The tomb was open.

Davina smiled wide and giggled. I gazed at her and smirked. I was glad that she forgot for a moment the body-jumping -problem. She walked in the dark tomb in hesitation and i followed her.

Davina's Pov:

The tomb was huge! We were walking for a while until we reached the deepest part: It was full of light and many weird rusty machines were on the wooden tables. A red couch was at the center of the room and piles of books were on it. But my attention caught a small casket, which was on the top shelf of the big bookcase.

"I cant believe i am again in this place" said Kol and smirked. He was occupying with one of this small machines.

But my curiosity grew more and my thoughts of what the small casket had in it, were gonna drive me insane. I tried to reach the shelf and hesitantly i grabbed the wooden small box. Was in it the dagger?

I slowly opened the casket and i saw something i didnt expect. Three small objects were in there. They were rusty too and i really couldn't understand why Kol was keeping these things. I was about to take in my hand the object with the star shape, but suddently i heard Kol's voice.

"Davina no!" he yelled and sped up in front of me. His suddently yell surprized me and i flinched. He grabbed the casket from my hands and carefully placed it on the near table.

"What happened? What are these things?" i asked and he looked back at me.

"Dark objects" he said and he took the object with the shape of a star in his hand and showed it to me.
"These are really dangerous objects Davina. Especially that one"

"Why especially that one?" i asked and Kol twirled it in his fingers with blank look.

"Because i slayed a lot of people inside the old church with this" he said and i held my breath.

Slayed...? In the old church i live? Oh my god...

Kol glanced at me and then put the dark object in the casket. He looked again at me and then away with the same blank look again in his eyes.

"I have told you i've done terrible things Davina.. Some of them i regret and others i don't" he said in a low voice.

I cupped his cheeks and smiled warmly. He was surprised but i didn't care.

"I dont care what you've done in your past, i have told you too i care only about the present" i said and he smirked. "Yes, you can be a psychopath if you want but at the same time you can be the most perfect vampire guy i have ever met. Not that i have met many vampires but oh well" i giggled and he laughed.

"Nice compliment by the way" he said and smirked.

Kol closed the casket and put it back on the shelf. I crossed my arms and looked around.

"So, where is the dagger?" i asked and he walked across the room.

He stood in front of the big table and took a golden casket which was there.However, when i entered the room, i didnt notice there was a casket like that on the table.

Kol turned around and showed me the dagger: an ordinary dagger with a silver brink like the others. Nothing special. At the moment. But in the near future, its gonna be a strong weapon.

And i was ready for it.

"You had it in a gold casket? You could hide it in one of the coffins you know" i said sarcastically and he smirked.

"Well i prefered not to keep such an important thing in a coffin. If you know what i mean of course" he said and winked at me. I smiled at him and he gave me the dagger. Then he wandered around the room.
"Mary Alice couldn't finish the dagger, she wasn't strong enough or ready for it. But you Davina, you are one of the most powerful witches i have ever met. And the strongest partner i ever had" he said and smirked.

"Well thats flattering" i smirked and glanced at Kol, who was smiling. I blushed and smiled back.