27. Mind Tricks

Davina's POV:

All I could do was run.

I don't know how long I've been running for; scratches all over my arms, bruises on my knees and my hair mercilessly whipping my back. None of that matter, though.

I had to run, I had to escape.

Or else he would catch me.

And he would kill me.

He would definitely kill me.

Breathless from all the running, I leaned on a tree to catch my breath. In the dead of the night, with no birds chirping, who no wind blowing, I could still not hear his footsteps.

But I could sense his presence.

He was there, waiting for me to be caught in his trap.

Ready to run again, I raised my head to look ahead. But instead, I saw him. I saw Kol.

Hello, darling,” he said with a cold smile.

I felt my breath caught up in my throat. Despite the frozen smile, the sound of the blood dripping down from his mouth was gruesome enough to make me feel nauseous.

"No! No, please, dont!"

I screamed. But it was pointless.

I wanted him to stop. But he didn't.

He deliberately walked slower to intimidate me, eventually placing his hand behind my neck and roughly pulling my head towards his, our temples touching.

"Be quiet, darling. We know your screams will just piss me off more," he whispered, the disgusting stench of blood bewildering me.

I struggled to push him back, to free myself from his grasp but, to no avail.

"Then just kill me already!" I shouted, a thick layer of tears blurring my vision. But that was okay. I could not watch him anymore. I did not want to see.

Through the blurriness, I felt him moving closer. Shutting my eyes closed, I expected the excruciating pain of him tearing open my throat, scratching my veins until they stopped bleeding. I was prepared to finally die.

But that didn't happen.

To my astonishment, the spot he touched was my lips, with his. The revolting taste of blooth infiltrated my mouth ruthlessly, as his lips hungrily kissed mine. I was perplexed, struck with dizziness, my mind screaming at him. His hand was still holding my neck, keeping it in place when I tried to break free.

And then his other hand moved, cupping my cheek. Despite the gruesome situation, I found myself slowly relaxing as he kept pressing his lips upon mine, while I slowly seemed to react to his rough kiss.

And in spite of the screams in my mind telling me to stop, my ears ignored any other sound. It was as if I was bewitched, under some kind of spell I was not aware of. Or was it all in my head?

I felt his lips suddenly stretching into a smile, his darkened eyes peeking through his eyelashes at me. And then he started leaving  traces of kisses on my skin, on my mouth, on my chin, my jawline, my neck.

It was the adrenaline rush pumping through my veins that did not want him to stop, the thrill of not knowing what he was planning to do next. And twisted as it was, I, as a matter of fact, enjoyed the danger.

You have some blood on your mouth, darling," he smirked, wiping the blood off my lips with his thumbs.

"Why are you doing this to me?"