Ten

Zoey rubbed her sore wrist, the sensitive skin feeling agitated from the new anti-possession tattoo. It was her first tattoo. It felt weird looking down and seeing the familiar protective symbol that also marked Sam and Dean across the from demonic symbol carved into the skin of her opposite wrist.

"Should feel better in a day or two," Dean spoke from the driver's seat, keeping his gaze on the road, but peeking at her from the corner of his eye.

Zoey nodded, remaining silent. She pulled her sleeve back over her wrist and slumped down. It was awkward between Dean and Sam right now... and maybe her and Sam, too. She couldn't help it, things felt different between the three of them after Anna, Ruby, all the demons and the angels. The two brothers kept so many secrets from each other and now it seemed that Zoey was getting dragged into all of it whether she liked it or not. Knowing what Sam did with that demon, Ruby, put a bitter taste in her mouth. How could Sam of all people do that? His whole family's legacy is killing monsters... Ruby was a just different version of the thing they were hunting, the thing that killed their mother and their father, too. Zoey knew how disappointed Dean was with his little brother. Even Bobby saw how much their relationship had changed over the last week. Nothing seemed to be going right for any of them. By the time Zoey stopped drifting off in her thoughts, Dean pulled up and drove through the familiar salvage yard. Bobby opened up the screen door as they walked towards the house, asking, "How'd it go?"

"Fine." Dean answers for her.

"Didn't hurt too bad, kiddo?" Bobby glances at Zoey's wrapped wrist.

Zoey shakes her head, hearing footsteps as Sam enters the room downstairs. The two brothers simply stare at each other, but remain silent. Bobby cuts through their tension, "She'll be fine. You two idjits better get a move on before you burn anymore daylight."

"Yeah." Dean agrees, "Thanks, Bobby."

"Ain't gotta thank me." Bobby waves his hand in dismissal, "I enjoy the company."

Sam gives Zoey and Bobby a weak smile, as Dean heads back out to the car first, "I'll call you later, Bobby."

Bobby nods, "Try not to kill each other."

The two remaining in the house watch Sam hop in his claimed spot shotgun, Dean's blaring music echoing as he drives away. Bobby mutters under his breath, sighing, "I got research to do." That was Zoey's cue to follow him back to his desk. The phones start ringing and they slip back into their familiar routine.

"Do me a favour? Tell that bastard Bobby Singer to go to hell for ever introducing me to you two in the first place."

"Take it easy, Pamela. If it's any consolation, you're going to a better place."

"You're lying. But what the hell, right? Everybody's gotta go sometime. Come here. I know what you did to that demon, Sam. I can feel what's inside of you. If you think you have good intentions, think again."

Bobby enters the living room, carrying a box he searched for upstairs. He sits down next to Zoey, opening the box, "Maybe some of this will jog your memory."

Zoey watches as he pulls out a binder. He opens it, looking down at the Jones' family photos, and places the photo album in her lap. Zoey looks at the old childhood photos, trying to remember. She flips the page, looking at her mother and father together before she was born. When she flips to the next page, she has a sudden realization.

"My mom killed herself." She remembers.

Bobby nods, sadly, "Yes."

"After my dad died."