Thirty Three

Emma was settling in with everyone in the bunker. The girl often enjoyed the company of Kevin, as they spoke about the boy's sudden abilites and the tablets. The two teens sat in the library together and built a quick friendship, much to Dean's hovering. He made Emma come out of her shell and, lately, it's the most Zoey's ever heard Kevin speak. He was just happy to have a friend around his age who was forced to stay in the protective walls of the underground bunker as much as him. With Sam, it was still a little awkward for the Uncle, but he tried his best and indulged on his niece's newfound interest in and hobby of reading.

Even though Dean expressed his fears of fatherhood to Zoey, she saw a strong relationship blossom between the two quickly. He was already overprotective, spent one on one time teaching her exorcisms. The amount of times she walked by a room to hear Emma repeating "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica" will forever haunt her. Dean even widened her knowledge on weapons, helped her learn how to control her inhuman strength and glowing eyes, and made sure she knew how to handle combat, human or otherwise. All in all, Emma was becoming more comfortable with the man. Dean even expressed the idea of getting Emma an anti-possession tattoo.

Although there was still an angel healing Sam, it felt like the most stress free they've all been in years. With Zoey and Emma back, the group felt like they now had a fighting chance against the future.

The feeling of the bed shifting behind her had Zoey's eyes crack open in the pitch black room. She squinted her eyes in exhaustion and turned her head, feeling the hand on her waist slide down her thigh. Dean kissed the side of her head, whispering, "Didn't mean to wake you."

"I told you, you had too many beers during dinner." Zoey flipped onto her other side so she was facing him and peeked at the lazy smile across his face as her eyes adjusted to the darkness.

"That's not possible."

"Your liver says otherwise."

"I have an angel to help with that."

"Have you heard from Cas?"

"No."

She ran a hand down his arm, unable to comfort him with words, they were all worried about the angel since the incident the last time they saw him. Wherever he was, whoever he was with, even Zoey couldn't ping his location. It annoyed and infuriated her endlessly.

Then, there was the whole Crowley-chained-up-in-the-dungeon thing... sometimes, they'd hear his yelling if their conversations carried on and echoed too close to the forbidden area. Though, they did catch Kevin trying to sneak in there and interrogate the demon for information. Of course, Crowley didn't have kind words for Dean who quickly put a stop to that.

She felt Dean's arms pull her even closer to him. Her head rested against his neck and shoulder, she could feel his breathe on her. She wrapped a leg over his middle, grinning at his quick reaction.

"What are you doing, Zozo?" Dean used the childhood nickname that drove her mad when she found out it was the name of a popular demon. Funnily enough, the Winchester's had never come across one with that specific name. Even so, there were enough tales through the hunter grapevine that gave Zoey the chills.

The sudden slap to his chest shouldn't have startled him as much as it did.

"I'm sorry, baby."

Zoey closed her eyes and enjoyed the calming feeling of his hands rubbing her back, "I can't sleep anymore and it's barely six."

"Sam will roll out of bed soon enough." He mumbled, "Weirdo."

"I'm not like Sam. I like to sleep in 'til atleast ten or ten-thirty."