Two

'This is John Winchester. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean. 866-907-3235.'

"Dad... I know I've left messages before. I don't even know if you get them. But I'm with Sam... and we're in Lawrence... and there's something in our old house. I don't know if it's the thing that killed mom or not... but... I don't know what to do. So whatever you're doing, if you could get here... please. I need your help, dad."

Sam and Dean were now back in Lawrence, Kansas following the strange visions Sam was having involving the family living in their childhood home. After reading their father's journal, they learned of someone named Missouri Mosley and decided to pay the psychic a visit.

"So you think something's back in that house?"

"Definietly. I don't understand."

"What?"

"I haven't been back inside... but I've been keeping an eye on the place, and it's been quiet. No sudden deaths, no freak accidents. Why is it acting up now?"

"I don't know. But dad going missing and Jessica dying and now this house... all happening at once, it feels like something starting."

While Missouri, Dean, and Sam went back to the house to figure out what they were dealing with, and how to get rid of it, Dean had a few questions he wanted to ask Missouri on the back of his mind.

~ SUPERNATURAL ~

John walk alongside the town sheriff, Tom (who preferred to simply be called by his first name, John had learned), as they checked out all of the town sewer holes, drains, and even the old wooden railroad bridges that weren't functional anymore. Nothing suspicious arose. Nothing grabbed the old hunter's attention.

"So..." Tom spoke up, "You can see, Officer White, there's no creepy tunnels running through town. Just an old folk tale. If there was something here, I would've found it by now."

"Yeah. Right. Thanks for, uh..." John waves, motioning towards the road, "Showing me around."

"Wish I could've showed you something to help with your case." Tom crossed the street, with John following, as they stood next to his vehicle.

"Well, I'd love to take a look at any missing kid reports, any weird cases, you know... things that have been shelved."

"Yeah. Sure. I'll see what we have. We don't get many missing kids around here. Small town and all. Let's head back."

They got inside the sheriff's car and drove back to the police department. John spent the next hour listening to Tom explain some odd details about a few cold cases.

"We've been searching for this demon our whole lives. It's the only thing we've ever cared about. Sam, I wanna waste it. I do. Okay? But it's not worth dying over."

"What?"

"I mean it. If hunting this demon means you getting yourself killed... I hope we never find the damn thing."

"That thing killed Jess. That thing killed mom. Hell, it probably killed Zoey."

"You said yourself once... that no matter what we do, they're gone. And they're never coming back."

"Don't you say that. Not you. Not after all of this. Don't you say that."

"Sam, look... the three of us... that's all we have. And it's all I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together, man. And without you or dad, I-"

"I get it, Dean. I do, but we need to kill this thing. We have to. For mom. For Jess."

"I'm not gonna let you get yourself killed, Sammy."

"Something you wanna ask me?" Missouri said, as Dean approached her while Sam went to the car after another successful job.

"My dad-" Dean started, "He's, uh... he's not just going after that demon. He's looking for someone. A family friend. Zoey. C- Do you know where she might be? If she's even alive?"

"I'm sorry, Dean." Missouri frowned, "Your father's asked me for the same thing... more than once. I've tried, but it's just left him disappointed. I wish it were that easy, I really do. Everytime I've tried to contact Zoey, I don't find anything and I'm left just as confused. I can't even get a location on her."

"What about the spirits?"

"I'm sorry. I wish I had all the answers. I really do."

"Worth a shot." Dean shrugged, turning around, "Thanks... anyway."

As he went over to his Impala, and got in the driver's seat, Sam waved goodbye to Missouri.

"What did you ask her?"

"Nothing."

"Dean-"

"Don't worry about it, Sammy. Where to next?"

Zoey was on Dean's mind as they left Kansas. He gripped the steering wheel tight, his classic music blasting but at the moment it was nothing more than just background noise. He missed her. He missed the kid and he knew Sam did too. She was his friend, their friend, the only friend Dean had outside of his brother. She was younger than Sam. It was something that Sam was always happy about growing up because around her, he wasn't the baby anymore. Dean remembers walking to the park with Sam and Zoey, even joining them on the swingset, a game of tag, on a trampoline... he remembers their movie nights, walking and driving them to school, making sure they ate, slept, and did their homework. He remembers all of it. He also remembers the grief, the guilt, and the sadness that came along with her disappearance. It was like they mourned a loss, mourned losing someone that they didn't known was dead or alive...

Dean remembers how hurt he was when Sammy left for college. Initially, he didn't understand why he'd want some kind of life outside of this, but then he thought of Zoey. Zoey wasn't in the life per say, but she was connected through someone who was and she still suffered. Dean wondered... if Zoey hadn't gone missing, would Sam have left for college? Would she?