One

Alan Jones was an old marine buddy of John Winchester's. He was John's best friend, a close family friend, an Uncle to Sam and Dean. After Mary Winchester's strange death, Alan was John's trusted partner when they hunted and took on cases together. Alan was killed on the job. It sent his wife, Cathy, into a deep, dark depression. She committed suicide, leaving behind their one child, a daughter. Shortly after the death of both of her parents, seven year old Zoey Jones went missing. The Winchester family, the police, and fellow hunters searched for years... they never found out what happened to the poor girl. Now, nearly eleven years later, John Winchester finally has a lead.

"Dad hasn't been home for a few days."

"So? He's working overtime on a "Miller Time" shift. He'll stumble back sooner or later."

"Dad's on a hunting trip, and he hasn't been home in a few days."

"I mean, come on, you can't just break in the middle of the night and expect me to hit the road with you."

"You're not hearing me, Sammy. Dad's missing. I need you to help me find him."

"You remember the poltergeist in Amherst? Or the devil's gate in Clifton? He was missing then, too. He's always missing, and he's always fine."

"Not for this long. Now, are you gonna come with me or not?"

"I'm not."

"Why not?"

"I swore I was done hunting. For good."

"Come on, it wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad. Sam?"

"No, Dean. I'm sorry."

"Sam, I think... I think it's about Zoey."

"Zoey?"

John shoved his notepad into the pocket of his fed suit and hurried across the parking lot, quickly unlocking his car and getting in. Seconds after, the light mist that plagued the small town all morning had turned into pouring rain accompanied with hail. For just a moment, John closed his eyes, exhaling a frustrated sigh, and allowed himself to collect his thoughts as he listened to the loud rain hitting against the top of the car... almost sounding like bullets. He opened his eyes, staring at the pieces of hail that bounced across the pavement and fished through his pants pocket for the car keys. After putting the key in the ignition, he turned up the heat and drove away from the parking lot. The grocery store clerk was of no help and the town citizens seemed reluctant to speak to someone of the law. Well, even someone sporting the fed look with a fake badge and an illegal amount of illegal weapons in their trunk. He drove back to the motel and slept for almost an entire day. The longer he went without any new clues, the more depressed he became.

"I swear, man, you got to update your cassette tape collection."

"Why?"

"Well, for one... they're cassette tapes. And two... Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Metallica? It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

"House rules, Sammy... driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole."

"Where do you think dad's at?"

"I don't know, but he's been talking about Zoey a lot... more than usual. Told me he had a case and just never came home."

"I thought, he was going after the demon?"

"He is, was... look, Sam, if there's a chance Zoey's alive- you know he'd be looking for her."

"So, what? We're supposed to go after this demon while he looks for Zoey? Why can't we just call him?"