Welcome Home

Focus on studying. I know it's hard, but believe me, it's going to be worth it.

As I got off the plane in Houston, I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach that these next two months were going to be interesting. All I know is that this summer would help me make some pretty big decisions about my future.

I pulled out my phone and dialed my older brother, Jacob's number. After a couple of rings, he answered.

"Hey, Jacob, I just got off the plane. Are you coming to pick me up?" I questioned, hoping I wouldn't need to pay for a ride to his place.

"Yeah, I'm already here!" He exclaimed with an unmistakable smile to his voice that made me suspicious.

"Cool, just let me grab my Duffles, and I'll be right out," I responded as I reached the baggage claim.

"Alright, well, hurry up! I want lunch, and my boss wants to meet you," Jacob replied and hung up before I could reply.

I glanced down at what I wore, and I felt utterly under-dressed to meet Mr. Hubbard. I was in a pair of running shoes, maroon camo running tights, and my JJ Watt Jersey that Jacob had gotten me for Christmas.

 I was in a pair of running shoes, maroon camo running tights, and my JJ Watt Jersey that Jacob had gotten me for Christmas

I felt very bare as I walked through the airport with my bags, and men watched my every move. I quickened my pace, and as a result, I heard a few catcalls. I bared my teeth like an angry dog as I growled a little bit and sprinted out the automatic doors. I searched for my brother, and once I spotted him, relief flooded my body.

"Hey!" Jacob bellowed as I approached his Mercedes-Benz G Wagon, not noticing that I was uncomfortable.

"Damn, dude, they've got you rolling in style, don't they?" I teased as I tossed my stuff in the back, keep my anxiety to myself.

"Yeah, they do. Hey, this is for you since I figured you'd show up looking like that," Jacob teased as he handed me a black dress bag and a shoebox, "You can change in the back seat. It's a nice restaurant. I hope you like what I got you."

I jumped into the back seat, and Jacob started driving to Downtown Houston. I prayed he had gotten me something a little conservative since I didn't particularly appreciate showing off a lot of skin.