Chapter Twenty-Four

The next day when Annabeth heaved open the heavy door to her school, Percy was inside waiting for her, a stupid, adorable, smile spread across his face.

"How did it go?" he asked as she walked up to him.

“Did Thalia tell you?” Annabeth asked.

“Don’t be mad.”

“Mad about what? Thalia told you?"

“It was me. I turned him in," he said nervously.

Annabeth smiles. “You did?”

Percy nodded.

Annabeth didn't know what came over her, but she kissed him, hard, right there in the middle of the hallway. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he had about 3 inches on her. Everyone was staring at them, jaws on the floor that Annabeth Chase, the girl who swore off boys, was making out with Percy fucking Jackson, openly, but Annabeth didn't care, she wants them to see. See that Percy is hers.

"I guess this means we are a thing now," Percy said quietly, so only Annabeth would hear him.

"Shut up, Cloud Macchiato," she said softly, pulling him into another kiss by his hoodie.

;;;

After school is the competition. She was behind the stage with Leo, bouncing up and down on her heels. They were waiting for Far Water High to be announced. Everyone had finished the competition, and they were waiting for results.

"Calm down, you're gonna bust a nut," Leo said.

Annabeth punched his shoulder. "Shut up, I'm a girl, you idiot."

Percy, Thalia, her brothers, Jason, and Jason’s parents were sitting in the front row of the auditorium. Annabeth peeked out at the audience. She could see Percy and Thalia crossing their fingers, talking quietly to each other.

Finally, all the remaining high schools in the competition were called onto the stage. "Alda High School, Far Water High School, and Broken-Star High school."

Leo and Annabeth walked onto the stage with the other kids who were competing against them.

"Thank you all for coming today," the announcer said. "We started with all the state high schools, and ended with the best three. You were all strong today, and we welcomed your efforts. It is now time to announce the winners." After the applause died down, the announcer continued. "Third place, Broken Star-High."

Applause.

"Second Place, Far Water High."

Annabeth squealed and laughed and tackled Leo in a hug. "We got second place!" she laughed.

Leo squeezed her into a hug. "I knew we could."

"No you didn't."

"No I didn't."

Annabeth kissed his cheek and they got through the rest of the announcements before meeting up with the crew.

Thalia tackled her in a hug. "Oh my gods, you guys were amazing! You are the biggest nerds ever!" She looked between her friends. "Ugh, you guys are such losers," she said, starting to cry. "I fucking hate you."

"Awww," Annabeth teased. "You love us!"

Percy pulled Annabeth against him in an a side hug. "We are all so proud of you."

"Yeah," Matthew said. "I don't know why, that was very, very boring, but I know I'm proud."

Annabeth hugged her brother. "I love you," she said. "You're all amazing."