Chapter Ten

Percy

He knew exactly why Annabeth kept saying no. She didn't think he actually wanted to be with her, but he knew things about her that she didn't know he knew. He could see it in her attitude, the way she left work early some days, and the reason she didn't have a license. He saw it all. He knew. He wouldn't say anything though, he knew Annabeth didn't want him knowing, so he pretended he didn't.

But there were still some days he had to physically restrain himself because he saw her so broken and the only thing he wanted to do was to help, but he couldn't. All he could do was show her it wasn't a prank. All he could do was pretend he didn't know, and be there for her if she decided to tell him. If.

He watched her make his drink, and be swore, maybe even if it was just for a second, he saw her smile and shake her head, her blonde ponytail moving from side-to-side while she moved around the small area. But just as fast as he noticed, it vanished, and was replaced with a girl who didn't dare let anyone in because she didn't want to be left again. Not again.

As she finished his drink, she took her apron off and walked towards him. "We should get started," she said, sitting down.

Percy smiled at her. "As you wish, darling."