Chapter One

"She was good," Thalia gushed.

"Ew, Thalia, details," Leo said. "I thought you were ace."

"Um no. I'm aro. I don't do the dating lovey-dovey bullshit, but I love sex."

Annabeth picked up one of the cookies Jason had made for them and looked around the room. Thalia's walls were painted dark purple and covered with band posters. "One of these days you are going to get an STD."

"Beth, I am offended. I am very safe, thank you very much."

Annabeth laughed. "Yes, the back of Reyna's car was very sanitary, I'm sure."

Thalia scoffed. "Don't you have a job to get to?"

Annabeth checked the time. "Shit, you're right. Leo, can you give me a ride?" 

"Sure thing."

;;;

They pulled up in front of Anchor Grounds Coffee. Annabeth grabbed her bag from the bag and got out. "Thanks for the ride, Lovely! See you tomorrow."

Leo threw a peace sign and drove off. Annabeth walks into the coffee shop and was instantly warm even though it was freezing outside. Not snowy. Just cold. 

Rachel waved at her from behind the counter. "Get your booty over here! I have about a million customers!"

Annabeth put on her apron and put her stuff under the counter. She took some of the orders and started rushing the drinks. The coffeehouse door slammed open and the little bell rang. When Annabeth heard Rachel's dreamy sigh, she knew who had walked in. 

Unfortunately, that was the time they had to switch places. Rachel started making the drinks while Annabeth walked over to the empty cashier stand. 

"Imagine what it would like to date one of them," Rachel sighed. 

"Only if I want to be tortured," Annabeth said in the same tone.

Percy Jackson walked up to the counter with his stupid, idiotic, horrible grin plastered across his dumb, way-too-attractive face. His green eyes annoyed Annabeth. She utterly hated him. She hated all the guys like him. 

"Can I get a Cloud Macchiato with cinnamon and macadamia nut flavouring please?" he asked. 

Annabeth rolled her eyes so far that she must have seen her brain. 

"Problem there, Annabeth?" he asked, smirking his stupid smirk. 

"Nope!" she said in an overly enthusiastic voice. "I am so glad to serve you with an amazingly douchebag-ish drink. I hope you enjoy it and have a swell day."

Percy chuckled and Annabeth had the urge to punch him in the face. "Ah," he mused. "I see. You don't like it when people order drinks."

"I don't like it when people order drinks that take the baristas 20 minutes to make."

Percy flashed his white teeth. "I'll keep that in mind." He put the money on the counter and walked away. 

Annabeth groaned and leaned onto the counter while Rachel was gushing over the jocks.