Chapter Three

**Author Note: Here's a bonus chapter since I didn't update yesterday. Enjoy and make sure to vote and comment if you like this chapter :)**

Annabeth was sitting in Trigonometry class, bored out of her mind. Leo sat next her making a tower of pencils. This was the highest math class this high school offered and Leo and Annabeth were way ahead of the class that they were bored. They sat together in the back corner. 

"Good job you two," the teacher said as she handed back the tests, "as usual." She smiled at them and walked away. 

Leo peaked at Annabeth's paper. "Ah, good score," he held up his paper so she could see his 99%, "but mine's better. You owe me a drink after school."

Annabeth frowned at her 98. "Fine, but if you're not there by the time I take my break you're not getting your drink."

"When have I ever been late to get a free coffee?" 

Annabeth and Leo had a competition going on. Since the class was so boring, the only way they had any motivation to do anything was their scores. Whoever got the worst score had to buy the other person a treat of their choice. Leo got a coffee, Annabeth got ice cream and french fries. 

The bell rang and everyone closed their school-issued binders and filed out of the classroom. On the way out of the classroom, Annabeth ran smack into someone's chest. She looked at the person ready to apologise but the words disappeared when she saw who it was. 

"Annabeth. Hello," Percy said sickly-sweet.

She scoffed. "You suck."

"Ouch, why the hatred?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes and walked around him. "Jeez Beth. Why do you hate him so much?" Leo asked. 

"Because he has the brain cells of a jockstrap."

Leo laughed. "Isn't he in your AP geography class?"

"That doesn't mean he is passing," Annabeth said. "He's always writing in his journal and never pays attention."

Leo put his arm around Annabeth's shoulders. "Maybe he's in love with you and writes about your pretty blonde hair," he suggested. 

"That would actually be my worst nightmare. I'd rather kiss a frog."

Leo coughed out a laugh and the two teenagers finished walking to their lunch hour to meet Thalia.