Chapter Five

Annabeth was walking through the aisles of the town's only grocery store when she saw Leo with his boyfriend.

She walked up to them. "Hey guys," she said. "What are y'all here for?"

"Movie night!" Leo grinned. "Its Noah's turn to pick."

Noah was about six inches taller than Leo with straight brown and pink square glasses. He always had a smile on his face. "Wonder," he said.

"Huh?" Annabeth asked brilliantly.

"Wonder," he repeated. "That's the movie we're watching."

"You look stressed," Leo pointed out. "There's dark circles under your eyes."

"You'd probably be less stressed if you had a little fun. Maybe went on a date," Noah suggested helpfully.

"Dating is not my thing," Annabeth sighed. "I just have a lot on my plate."

Leo snapped his fingers. "I know, just fool around like Thalia does. She's aro but she's had sex with like half the school."

Annabeth snorted. "Thalia would actually remove your balls if she knew you were talking about her sex life when she wasn't around."

"At least I'd go out with a bang."

Noah tilted his head. "What does that even mean?"

The couple strolled off bickering about what Leo meant and Annabeth finished up her shopping.

;;;

"Hey Thals," Annabeth greets. "Will you help me put these away?"

"Sure," Thalia said, moving Bobby off of her lap and walking to the kitchen. "How was the store?"

"I saw Leo and Noah."

Thalia started opening the cupboards. "Omg, they are the cutest."

Annabeth smiled. "I know right?" Annabeth had an internal arguement about whether she should tell Thalia about what Leo said. She decided some things are better left unsaid, so instead she picked up a box of cereal and put it into the cabinet. "Matthew's teacher gave me something today, I think you'd like to see it."

Annabeth handed Thalia a drawing Matthew made. Next to Annabeth and her brothers was a girl with spiky short black hair and a leather jacket with Lee Lee written under it. Thalia put a hand over her mouth. "I'm officially part of the family."

"You've always been part of the family." Annabeth started folding the bags.

Thalia sighed. "Speaking of families, I have something to tell you." Annabeth raised her eyebrows for Thalia to continue. "I told Jason, why I'm here so often. I didn't tell him what your dad did, or about that thing from you were 15, but he was getting suspicious. He'll keep his mouth shut though," Thalia said in one breath of words.

Annabeth stared at Thalia for a second before sighed a huge breath of relief. "Oh thank god," she said.

"Huh?"

"I thought you killed someone. I don't mind if Jason knows, he's like my big brother. As long as he keeps quiet, I don't mind him knowing."

"He wants to help." Thalia looked confused.

"He can, but I don't want to burden him."

Thalia's phone beeped and she looked at it. "I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow."

Annabeth hugged her and Thalia saw herself out.