Chapter 1- The night it all began October 31st, 1981

New cover for book is Daisy Potter. The start of this chapter is Victoria as a 11 year old.

*Remus POV*

I picked up my goddaughter Daisy at her parents home and was leaving to go and go trick or treating with my precious goddaughter as it was her first Halloween since she was born, and she was dressed in a little lion costume. The neighbors around Godric's Hollow cooed at my adorable goddaughter as I pushed her stroller. Daisy Alice Potter the girl who stole my heart the minute she laid eyes on me, the girl who I saw her natural red hair turn brown every time she saw me. I smiled at my god daughter. I gave her a present that day a necklace that had a engraving on it that said Moony's Daisy. I gave it to her and it was enchanted to grow as she got older and it had a little daisy on the front. I decided after hours of getting candy from random muggles and a fair few witches that recognized us as neighbors I decided to take her home as my goddaughter was tired. Even though it was an eventful night, when I got to the house I knew something was wrong. The front door looked similar to if the door exploded off its hinges, and James was on the staircase with his eyes wide open. I checked his pulse, he was dead I knew something was wrong. Then I went upstairs and saw a figure over Lily's body, I put my wand up and I quickly figured out it was Severus and he was holding Lily's body. "Severus is she?"

He wiped his tears and said, "The dark lord got to them somehow. I don't know what happened. Is Daisy?" 

"She is just sleeping, I took her out trick or treating away from this. Voldemort didn't get her. Thank Merlin. Where is he?" I said with my wand still out worried Voldemort was going to come out of the shadows and kill them.

"I think he is dead for now. Harry is still alive. I will take them to my home. I have raise my daughter anyway. So why not?" 

"I think we should wait for Dumbledore, Severus he would know what to do." 

That is when Hagrid, Dumbledore and Sirius came in to the house. "What happened?" 

"Sirius calm down Harry and Daisy are okay." I said as Sirius went to snarl at Severus but refrained himself from talking. "Voldemort couldn't kill him and Daisy was with me doing some trick or treating. I think it is best for all concern that you go home and don't do anything stupid you have Caterina to worry about now. The dark lord is gone for now." That is when Hagrid came to the house. 

"Hello, Sirius, Remus, Severus." Hagrid said as they were all in the room. "Got orders from Dumbledore to take the kids to their home." Severus in particular wasn't thrilled about it, especially Daisy as she was a carbon copy of her mother, but when Dumbledore has an idea Severus knew he can't change the old man's mind. 

"I have to go." Sirius said in a mournful tone. "Hagrid, you can take the bike there is something I have to do." Sirius said, He then looked at Remus. "Remus Tell Catarina and Violetta I love them. There is something I have to do." That is when he walked up to me and kissed me for 2 minutes, it was passionate and meaningful, but I thought in the back of my mind that it was a goodbye kiss, when Sirius pulled away he said, "I hope you get everything you wish for Remus." Sirius then disapperated. Hagrid then took them to the Dursley's house and left the note on both of the kids. That is the beginning of a wonderful story. Harry and Daisy start a journey together.