The Little Quirks of Kokichi Oma {Fluff}

Start from the beginning

He was so lost in thought he didn't notice that someone walked into the room. "Hey Shuichi," Maki said with a blank stare. Shuichi jumped a bit at this but moved to face her.

"Ah hello Maki," he gave her a wave before she continued. "There are some more cases that came in and the boss wants you and me to take one of them. Can you come with me?" He asked, but it wasn't really a question. Shuichi moved out of the mess of the files all over the table and floor and walked out with Maki.

She walked him to her office where Kaito and Kaede were sitting. They didn't usually come here, so Shuichi looked at them feeling even more confused.

"Kaede? Kaito, what are you guys doing here?" He asked. Kaito opened his mouth to speak before Maki put her hand up. "No, these two have been here because they need to speak with the boss. They aren't related to the case, they are just waiting," She said motioning for Shuichi to come into the back room.

He followed her into the back room and felt a little calmer knowing they weren't directly related to a case. Maki didn't say anything as they walked into the back room. There was a file on the table labeled "Miss Mina" I was confused what the case must be about.

"Here is the case file on subject #47, also referred to as Miss Mina" she tapped the case on the table and Shuichi looked up at her before going into the file.

"Shuichi!" Kokichi groaned with a frown. Shuichi turned around in his seat to look back at him. "Why are you reading cases all day~ come on! Why don't you come play with me!" He said sounding irritated. Shuichi sighed and moved his hand to pat his head.

"Sorry I'm almost done with this, then we can do something together," He sighed before Kokichi huffed and crossed his arms. "Fine then! I can have fun on my own!" He yelled before he stomped out of the room making Shuichi frown.

Kokichi always seemed to get frustrated when Shuichi couldn't be there for him. Sure he hated having to be away from him because of work—or anything for that matter, but he couldn't say that he didn't find it cute when he got all pouty. He knew Kokichi was making a scene to make him feel guilty but it still made him laugh. Because he was just adorable.

"Kokichi," Shuichi said walking around the house. He didn't know where Kokichi could have gone, and not having him respond didn't make that worried feeling go away.

"Koki-," he called out again before he heard some music playing in their room. Shuichi walked over to the room and saw the door was propped open. He pushed it open the rest of the way and saw that Kokichi was drawing on their bed while humming along with the music.

"So this is where you disappeared to," Shuichi said leaning on the door frame. Kokichi looked back at him before he went back to drawing.

Shuichi smiled to himself. He remembered that Kokichi lived drawing while he was away...maybe he would be drawing right now? Shuichi asked himself before Maki clapped her hands.

"Shuichi," she said looking at him. He blushed at this and felt embarrassed for zoning out, because he was thinking about Kokichi, again...

"Sorry," he whispered before Maki sighed. "As I was saying. Miss Mina has been kidnapping children between the ages of 8-12, she is a bus driver and has been missing ever since she took Fiane Fifina from her parents Jon and Sya." She paused making Shuichi furrow his brows.

"So this woman has been missing for 2 weeks," He said looking more serious. "Yes, and a couple days ago they found some clues that may lead to the suspect," She said before the day droned on.

Shuichi had to go to the site and get more clues and evidence on the child abductor. After this he was finally able to go home. He knew Kokichi was already at home because his work got off before his own.

He got into the car feeling happy as he drove home. He was going to be able to see his lover, and the light of his life, Kokichi Oma.

.

.

.

"Kokichi?" Shuichi called out only to be met with silence. He walked upstairs and checked the bedroom first. He was a little worried because usually Kokichi was downstairs to greet him.

"Kichi?" He asked again opening the door. There he was, Kokichi was laying on the bed with a box of tissues next to him. Shuichi was confused by this and moved over to him to check if something was wrong.

He sat next to him on the bed and the motion made Kokichi wake up moment later. "Shu?" He asked sounding disoriented. Shuichi smiled and gently brushed his hair out of his eyes and tucked some of it behind his ear.

"How are you doing?" Shuichi asked before Kokichi moved closer to him. He moved over into his lap and pushed him down on the bed so he could lay on top of him. Shuichi sighed a bit at this but moved his hand to pet Kokichi's hair.

Kokichi sighed a bit and with a sniffle he was out. "I love you Koki," he whispered kissing his forehead. Kokichi's forehead was warmer than usual...Shuichi was worried and slowly tucked Kokichi into bed so he could go and grab the thermometer.

"Here we go," He said going down into the kitchen to grab the thermometer. "I need to make sure he didn't get a cold, again," he whispered making his way back up to the bed room. It was a little chilly in the house and it made Shuichi shudder a bit, but just as it came the heater turned on.

Shuichi walked into the room and moved back over to Kokichi's side. "Have you been sick all day?" He asked not expecting an answer. The smaller male sniffled again before he moved to make grabby hands at Shuichi. Shuichi's eyes widened before he smiled softly.

"You must have felt lonely," He whispered after taking his temperature. He definitely had a fever...Shuichi hoped that whatever illness he has goes away soon, because he also knows better than anyone that Kokichi hates being sick.

"I'll let you rest while I make some soup," He moved off the bed before Kokichi grabbed the arm of his shirt. "Let me come with you..." he whispered groggily.

"Okay, you can come with me, but you have to promise that after you are going to ge some rest," Shuichi turned around to face him. "Okay..." he whispered back sounding defeated. Shuichi sighed and went to pick Kokichi up like a toddler. Kokichi burried his face into his shoulder and sighed contently. Shuichi chucked a bit at this before he started making his way downstairs.

All in all Shuichi still has a lot to learn about Kokichi, but he is glad for all the little quirks his Kokichi had to offer.

-The thrill of being able to learn new things about a partner. It's always the little moments that make these things so special. So make sure you are able to keep these tiny moments in your mind, to cherish for years to come-

-SK-