Savory {Fluff}

A nice savory meal to eat with a loved one, steak, roast, and rice with kimchi on top. It's all delicious and makes me feel happy. I love trying new foods all over the world. They all have very distinct flavors, but today I get to go to America to try their finest foods. I was almost shaking in the car because of how excited I was. I love being able to see all the sights and hear all the sounds, but being able to have a good meal and meet some new people makes it all worth it. My mother being a popular actor makes this all possible, sure I barely see either of my parents, but I'm glad that I'm able to go around the world to make new friends.

"Saihara, this is where you wanted to be dropped off correct?" He asked me as the car slowed to a stop. I looked out the windows and saw all the lights and decorations for the holiday called 'Halloween' I haven't heard much about it but I do know that it is pretty big in this country. I saw the sign of a restaurant called Saichini Restaurant, and I knew just by looking at it that this was the one.

"Yes, this is it! Thank you," I said before leaving the car with my things. The person driving my father's limo left while I was staring at the Restaurant with a bubbling feeling of excitement washing through me. The restaurant had a theme of black and red and seemed a little Japanese styled. Which I don't mind because Japanese cuisine is one of my preferred ones!

I walked up the steps to the main entrance and opened the door. The smell of fresh rice and meat came into my senses as I walked inside. It was a little chilly outside so coming into a nice and warm restaurant makes me feel more homey. I walked up to the main desk and saw a short male running the counter. He looked up at me and I felt a blush come to my cheeks. Cute.

"Hello! Welcome to Saichini Restaurant! How many?" He asked, making me move my hand to put it in my pocket. After shuffling through it for a moment I found my wallet.

"Just me," I said before he typed something onto his computer. I stood there for a moment feeling awkward with the silence.

"Alrighty!" He said with a smile before walking out from behind the counter to join me by my side.

"Come this way!" He yelled back at me before I went to follow him. He was shorter than me and it made me feel a little proud of myself...but I wasn't really sure why--because a lot of people in the room are shorter than me, so why with him is it-

"Here is your table!" He smiled and pulled the seat out for me. I blushed and took the seat before he pushed it in a little. He stood beside the table and smiled at me.

"What's the name for you pretty stranger?" He said with a wink. I felt the heat on my cheeks increase from this as I stuttered out a reply.

"S-Shuichi Sa-Saihara," I said looking down at my hands before I heard him giggle a bit.

"That's such a pretty name for such a pretty face~," He said teasingly before another worker walked beside him. He was also taller than him and had green hair with a lot of piercings on both of his ears.

"Kokichi, jesus christ...stop tormenting the customers," He said, ruffling his hair, making him huff and move away from him.

"Fine Rantaro-Chan~ you don't need to be such a party pooper~," Kokichi said teasingly again before Rantaro left the both of us with a sigh. I could tell by the look on his face that this wasn't the first time this has happened.

"Anyway~ what can I get you tonight?" He asked with a smile. I looked down at the menu and couldn't decide between any of the options...

"I'm not sure-" I said before he cut me off.

"You don't seem like you are from here," He stated matter of factly. I blushed and looked over at him.

"Yes...I'm from Japan, but I love to travel." I said feeling embarrassed from having to admit that. He put his hand to his chin before he held it out to me.

"I'm from there as well! I just came here because one of my friends wanted me to help his family's restaurant--so, here I am!" He said with a smile coming to his cheeks again as his eyes closed for a moment.

"That's cool!" I said making him sit at the chair across from me. I blushed at this action but didn't say anything.

"I have heard the name Saihara before--wait." He paused before he looked at me like he was analysing me.

"Ah, what are you-" I started only to be cut off by his eyes going wide.

"You are part of the Saihara family! The famous actor and director's son!" He said with a look like he was able to solve a puzzle. I laughed a bit at his reaction.

"Yup that's me...I just like traveling, but I have been thinking of finding a place to stay at. Because honestly traveling all the time makes me feel-" Lonely. I didn't finish the statement but Kokichi seemed to hear it anyway.

"Rantaro was the same way, well, that was before he settled down here to help with the restaurant!" He said moving back to stand next to the table.

"The special for today is pretty good and I'll even give you something extra ok~?" He said moving topics. I blushed at the request, and felt too embarrassed to answer so I just nodded at him.

"Alrighty then! Be back in a sec!" He said with a smile before disappearing into the crowds of people. I smiled looking down at my phone. I opened my photos app and looked through the pictures that me and past friends have taken on my travels. But honestly...I just want to be able to feel at home somewhere so I don't have to move around all the time. I closed my phone and put my hand to my chin.

What if I stayed here?

No, what are you thinking Shuichi? What would you get out of staying here? What about your freedom to travel the world?--no, that all doesn't matter. Life is about discovery and life will always have new mysteries for us to solve regardless of where we are!

I put my phone back in my pocket before Kokichi returned. "Here you go!" He said placing a plate with meat, veggies, and some rice and noodles.

"Ah, thank you!" I said before he gave me a smile and handed me a sheet of paper. It was a small sheet and looked like it was torn out from his notepad. I looked back up at him to be met with a smile.

"The restaurant is always low on staff, so if you ever wanted to work here then you are welcome to!" He said with a smile as I opened the paper. It had two phone numbers, one for the restaurant and his own phone number.

"I gave you mine because I want to get to know you better if you would like that!" He said before leaving into the crowd before I could respond.

Living here...maybe this could be the adventure I was waiting for.

-Here is the end of today's oneshot! And sorry but the daily updates for Vampire Kisses will be starting tomorrow instead of today! Thank you for being so patient with me! And thank you all so much for reading!!-

-Saichi Kohana-