Chapter 26- Hope

After she awakens, she starts talking to some imaginary person.

"Uh, I had a crazy dream where I met my brother again and he figured out my secret..." that's when she opens her eyes.

"It wasn't a dream," she facepalms, "H-how much of that did you hear?"

"About all," replies Carl.

"Now," Daryl starts, "answer my questions like you were supposed to until you started to take a nap."

She exhales thickly and inhales through her nose.

"You ready?" Daryl asks as if he's talking to a child.

She nods her head in fear.

"Why did you run away?" he asks coldly.

"I-I needed to away free from your and dad's bickering all the time." She rubs her knees to comfort herself.

He shakes his head in disbelief.

"That's not true. Dad and I may have fought a lot, but you were never home to really know what we did. You were always out with your boyfriend, Walton. Since Dad didn't like him, you were forced to break up with him, so you ran away and changed your name to Mary, Julie Dixon."

That's where I've heard that name... She was the nurse that was st the desk when we had to bring Greg.

"Then why did you just change your name if you ran away along time ago?" I question.

"I-I was saving money. It's a little expensive," replies Mary.

I nod my head. Duh.

If only I would've thought of that when I ran away.

"Why did you never bother to tell me?!" asks Daryl.

"Because I knew this was gonna happen! And you were never easy really

talk to! You would never understand true live the way I did!"

"Oh yeah?!" Nicole buts in, "Daryl is the best thing that has ever happened to me! So don't you act like you knew what true love is!"

Mary rises from her chair, "Excuse me missy, but I don't think I heard you clearly. I thought you said you actually knew true love... You can't know true live at your age! You haven't even experienced the tip of the iceberg yet!"

"Ok," says Daryl, "so when did you find true love and ran away?"

"I was 18 too, but it turned out that it would be so much more... I'm no longer a Dixon... I'm a Samuel..."

Everyone slowly turns and looks at me.

"Wait a minute..." I pause, "Did you say that his name was Walton?"

She nods.

"That's doesn't make any sense... That's my dad's name, but he was married to my mom..."

"About that, remember the guy you dated, Finnick... I think it was, his dad was the one who nearly hung them and handed you a pistol to shoot the rope down. He used you to get to know your family history. His father died in prison but he wanted the 'war' to continue."

"Then how is my dad still alive; I missed the rope and shout both of my parents in the forehead."

"His dad wanted to keep one alive so he could torture them. Your dad volunteered to protect your mom. They made you shout your mom first because they knew you were gonna miss, and as planned, you did. There was only one bullet so whenever you 'shot' your dad, they did the blood with jelly. But I don't know how they pulled that off."

"I-I need to take a walk."

I step out of the room.

Finnick, you're so dead...